PDA

View Full Version : Which cycle do you think has the most high fashion potential? Cycle 15 or Cycle 16?

Pages : [1] 2

plainjanesbrother
02-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Now that most of us have seen the new girls,its only fitting to compare them to last season's.

Like the title says,Which cycle has the most high fashion potential?

jiggaboo2
02-02-2011, 04:10 PM
this group is better. IMO

microfiltered
02-02-2011, 04:11 PM
cycle 15 :flower but i like this group too

cycle 15 had jane, kendal, ann, etc

valentino
02-02-2011, 04:12 PM
I prefer Cycle 15 :D Rhianna, Esther, Ann, Jane, Kendal - oh lord.
But there were more people I wanted to leave in Cycle 15 at the same time. (Around 6)

In this cycle, there's just 3 that I disapprove of.

applemania
02-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Only Ann, Jane, and possibly Kendal really had potential to be HF for me.

This cycle I think Angelia, Brittani, Dalya, Hannah, Jaclyn, Kasia, Mikaela, Nicole, and Ondrei(though short at 5'7) all have massive potential.

plainjanesbrother
02-02-2011, 04:13 PM
I think cycle 15 had better girls.Most of the girls this cycle are short,old or look chunky.

Last Cycle we had Kendal,Rhianna,Ann (:giggle),Jane,Chelsey,Esther(?),Kayla(?)

This cycle I only see 3.

Vpronczak
02-02-2011, 04:13 PM
I think it's a bit too earlier to say which cycle has the most high fashion potential since cycle 16 haven't even started yet, but I think cycle 15 has. :p

plainjanesbrother
02-02-2011, 04:16 PM
I think it's a bit too earlier to say which cycle has the most high fashion potential since cycle 16 haven't even started yet, but I think cycle 15 has. :p

Not really.All we need are casting pictures to determain if the girls are highfashion or not.

iLoveKatarzyna
02-02-2011, 04:19 PM
I have to wait til the season starts, tbh.

Vpronczak
02-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Not really.All we need are casting pictures to determain if the girls are highfashion or not.

Maybe no. :p A lot of people said that Kasia was stunning and bla bla bla, but when her casting picture came out, everybory started saying a lot of bad things. Same with Celia from cycle 12.

Mr.Peepzxx
02-02-2011, 04:20 PM
this group is better. IMO

I think C15 cast was somewhat boring, unlike this one.

LedZepForever
02-02-2011, 04:21 PM

Yeah, but I think overly retouched pre-show pictures aren't the best way to form a solid opinion on girls. A lot of past ANTM girls who looked horrible in their pre-show pictures ended up being gorgeous vice versa.

plainjanesbrother
02-02-2011, 05:06 PM
When people judge based off pre-show photos its less likely they will be baised since we have no clue what their personalitys are like.
+ this cycle's preshow photos don't look photoshoped.

CookieKillerable
02-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Cycle 15: Jane, Ann, Kendal, Rhianna, Chelsey
Cycle 16: Mikaela, Brittani, Nicole, Dalya

jiggaboo2
02-02-2011, 06:41 PM
the girls are not short this cycle, if u look at all the heights together they are 5'9-5'11 for the most part, with one 5'7 and one 5'8. 5'9 to 5'11 is the standard

judging on preshow photos, compared to last cycle preshow photo release.. this cycle indeed triumphs over last cycle. i even like the styling of the preshow pics. massive potential this cycle, and on top of that..the girls seem to have mor epersonality this cycle aswell. last cycle i str8 up only liked chelsey esther kayla and kendel preshow, this cycle i like all but 3

Fierceglamdom
02-02-2011, 08:53 PM
When people judge based off pre-show photos its less likely they will be baised since we have no clue what their personalitys are like.
+ this cycle's preshow photos don't look photoshoped.

I think they look totes photoshopped. :lol At least Dominique's is.

Luigi
02-03-2011, 04:40 AM
its too early to judge that
c15 had jane, ann rhianna anamaria kendal.. so high fashion
but c16 looks promising too

JenZ
02-03-2011, 04:44 AM
Hard to judge as of now, I have to see those girls in motion first since ANTM's preshow photos tend to be pretty busted in general

backtostar
02-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Have to see more from this cycle.
But I think Cycle 15 was better,
They're taller and have more gorgeous face.
So much potential to compare :(

But will see, then I'll vote lol.

jiggaboo2
02-03-2011, 11:35 AM
the models are more beautiful this cycle, last cycle they had alot of "ugly pretty" models. this cycle i think the models have more commercial and hf appeal.. you know, kinda like real supermodels.

stareAtyou77
02-03-2011, 08:31 PM
imo cycle 15 but we'll see =)

nzkiwiboy
02-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Cycle 16.

late_night17
02-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Cycle 16 - just basing on the pre show stuffs the girls had. they seem more experienced. and alot of them are loaded with potentials.

BnlxTop
02-06-2011, 04:46 AM
Cycle 15. Kasia kinda ruins it for cycle 16. Nothing against plus sized models, I even prefer them at some times, but 26+plussized is not what I call High Fashion. I honestly think Terra is more high fashion than that. (wow did I really say that? yes I did)

jiggaboo2
02-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Cycle 15. Kasia kinda ruins it for cycle 16. Nothing against plus sized models, I even prefer them at some times, but 26+plussized is not what I call High Fashion. I honestly think Terra is more high fashion than that. (wow did I really say that? yes I did)

so becuase of 1 model, you rule out an entire cycle? cycle 15 had about 7 models that pretty much sucked.

Thatsucks
02-07-2011, 11:51 PM
C15 definately had the more high fashion girls.
C15:Kendal,Ann and Rhianna are most definately high fashion looking it's the first word you would use to describe any of them mostly.
Plus there were Chelsey and Jane and Liz who for a good part look high fashion.Chelsey was only called commercial because she went against Ann,Jane is more high fashion then commercial since her bone structure and body are not those of a commercial model for the most part and Liz would be called high fashion if she didn't suck so much.
C16:The only girls that scream high fashion when you see them are:Mikaela,Brittani and Nicole the others are all more on the commercial side except for maybe Dalya.
Alexandria and Molly are just in the middle of the high fashion-commercial scale.

BnlxTop
02-08-2011, 03:09 AM
so becuase of 1 model, you rule out an entire cycle? cycle 15 had about 7 models that pretty much sucked.

True. However cycle 15 didn't really have controversial models like Kasia. Also ofcourse I can't really judge till cycle 16 is over, so we just have to wait for that. But what I said was just based on pre-show.

applemania
02-24-2011, 11:54 PM
In one episode Cycle 16 has already proven to be more high fashion than Cycle 15 :bonk
:toast:dance:makeout:cheer:cry:cheer

jiggaboo2
02-25-2011, 09:43 AM
In one episode Cycle 16 has already proven to be more high fashion than Cycle 15 :bonk
:toast:dance:makeout:cheer:cry:cheer

:blowkiss

Thatsucks
02-25-2011, 05:11 PM
I still think C15 had more high fashion potential girls than C16.
The only girls with really huge high fashion potential are Nicole,Mikaela,Molly and Dalya,well and maybe Sara(and they are all over 20 years old,Mollys and Mikaelas bodies aren't the best and Dalyas face isn't the most photogenic)the rest is rather commercial or don't have the height and are older in average I think :shrug

Shiru_chan88
02-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Here’s my analysis of the 2 cycles, and I write these according to
-IMG’s requirements: Age 21 and under, height 5’9” and above
-Some of RTVG’s prevailing opinions (as in ones I’ve seen often that lots of people seem to agree with especially concerning proportions)
-Some of the judges’ opinions

Girls who fit requirements are BOLDED.

CYCLE 15
1. Anamaria Mirdita || 19 || 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m) -- body too skinny (which she fixed now)
2. Terra White || 24 || 5 ft 8 in (1.74 m) -- too old, too short, no high-fashion potential
3. Sara Blackamore || 21 || 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
4. Rhianna Atwood || 20 || 6 ft 1 in (1.87 m) -- too tall unless agencies list her as 6 ft. Some RTVGers say she needs to tone her legs/lose weight :shrug
5. Alexia "Lexie" Tomchek || 18 || 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m) -- told by an agency to tone waistline (don’t know if she fixed that yet) + can’t do a lot of frontal shots
6. Kacey Leggett || 20 || 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m) -- photographs old, but still has potential.
7. Kendal Brown || 23 || 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m) -- too old, but may trump that. We shall see, in the meantime, I bolded her anyway.
8. Esther Petrack || 18 || 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m) -- chest too big + needs toning overall
9. Lyzbeth "Liz" Williams || 21 || 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m) -- too athletic body (same problem as Molly)
10. Christin "Chris" White || 20 || 5 ft 10 in (1.79 m) -- no high-fashion potential at all.
11. Kayla Ferrel || 19 || 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m) -- bad proportions, so virtually no runway potential.
12. Jane Randall || 19 || 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
13. Chelsey Hersley || 23 || 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m) -- too old.
14. Ann Ward || 19 || 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m) -- too tall (stupid of IMG to list her real height :riphair), but perfect body and has lots of high-fashion potential

TOTAL: 6 with potential.
Average height of all models: 1.79 m = 5'10.5".
Average age: 20.3 years old.

Compared to
CYCLE 16
1. Alexandria Everett || 21 || 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
2. Brittani Kline || 19 || 5 ft 10 in (1.79 m)
3. Dalya Morrow || 21 || 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m) -- may be too androgynous
4. Dominique Waldrup || 23 || 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m) -- too old, don’t know about her potential
5. Hannah Jones || 20 || 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m) -- tad commercial, but could have potential
6. Jaclyn Poole || 20 || 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
7. Kasia Pilewicz || 26 || 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m) -- too old, but that’s OK for the plus-size industry. Lots of potential as a plus-size.
8. Mikaela Schipani || 21 || 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m) -- problem with proportions in that legs look short, not sure if that will completely hinder her runway success, but she has the face.
9. Molly O'Connell || 22 || 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m) -- body too athletic, too old, but she also has the face
10. Monique Weingart || 19 || 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m) -- body needs toning, but still has potential
11. Nicole Lucas || 20 || 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m) -- photographs "old" according to Tyra, doesn’t look good in person according to RTVG, but still has potential
12. Ondrei Edwards || 18 || 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m) -- too short, but still has potential.
13. Sara Longoria || 18 || 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
14. Angelia Alvarez || 20 || 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m) -- doesn’t photograph like a model, but may have potential on runways.

TOTAL: 9 with potential.
Average height of all models: 1.77 m = 5'9.5".
Average age: 20.6 years old.

WINNER: Cycle 16, but the two are close.
P.S. feel free to correct some of the impressions of the girls as time goes on.

Thatsucks
02-25-2011, 06:39 PM
How is Chelsey too old but Kasia isn't?
And how does Rhianna need to lose weight or tone down but Alexandria and Hannah don't?

Shiru_chan88
02-25-2011, 06:48 PM
And how does Rhianna need to lose weight or tone down but Alexandria and Hannah don't?

Easy. Chelsey isn't plus-size.

Not alot of people said so about Alexandria, or Hannah in their threads. :shrug I agree about Hannah though. I've only seen RTVG members say that about Rhianna post-show (there's pages and pages about Rhianna asking for weightloss tips). I guess because it's a new cycle, not a lot of people have made up their minds yet, which is why I'm asking for revisions as time goes on. :p

Thatsucks
02-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Easy. Chelsey isn't plus-size.

Not alot of people said so before about Alexandria, or Hannah. :shrug I agree about Hannah though. I've only seen RTVG members say that about Rhianna post-show (there's pages and pages about Rhianna asking for weightloss tips). I guess because it's a new cycle, not a lot of people have made up their minds yet, which is why I'm asking for revisions as time goes on. :p

Oh so it's ok for a "plus size" to be older but not for a "regular" model...that would mean we are talking strictly about the plus size business in fashion which would mean it has almost nothing to do with high fashion which would than mean Kasia isn't high fashion.
On most runways and in most magazines(we are talking high fashion) "newcomers" are mostly under 22 years,which neither Kasia or Chelsey are so strictly speaking they both aren't high fashion,and being "plus size" does not change the age range that the majority of working models is in(there isn't a bigger chance for Kasia to book let's say Harpers Bazaar spain in spite of her age because she's plus size than there is for Chelsey...)
Just btw since Kasia is "plus size"(I don't even like that term nor do I like Tyras fiercely real... :rolleyes) technically speaking her chances to succeed are even smaller than if Chelsey was 30 years old(It's just the way the industry works).
P.S.:I'm really not trying to be bitchy but I just think the C16 girls in general are majorly overratted and people are being totally subjective

VikiKuraitis
02-25-2011, 08:29 PM
This cycle is so much better: ALL the girls can be high fashion in their own way. ALL THE GIRLS.
In Cycle 15 there were some contestants that can model, yes, but not in HIGH FASHION. Like Kacey, Chris, Terra...

CookieKillerable
02-25-2011, 08:31 PM
I now regret not saying C16

Shiru_chan88
02-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Oh so it's ok for a "plus size" to be older but not for a "regular" model...that would mean we are talking strictly about the plus size business in fashion which would mean it has almost nothing to do with high fashion which would than mean Kasia isn't high fashion.
On most runways and in most magazines(we are talking high fashion) "newcomers" are mostly under 22 years,which neither Kasia or Chelsey are so strictly speaking they both aren't high fashion,and being "plus size" does not change the age range that the majority of working models is in(there isn't a bigger chance for Kasia to book let's say Harpers Bazaar spain in spite of her age because she's plus size than there is for Chelsey...)
Just btw since Kasia is "plus size"(I don't even like that term nor do I like Tyras fiercely real... :rolleyes) technically speaking her chances to succeed are even smaller than if Chelsey was 30 years old(It's just the way the industry works).
P.S.:I'm really not trying to be bitchy but I just think the C16 girls in general are majorly overratted and people are being totally subjective

The plus-size industry as a general rule is more lenient in terms of age than the regular model industry is. That's why it's OK for a plus-size to be older. (I didn't know this until RTVGers posted it in Kasia's thread)

Actually, I disagree that Chelsey has a greater chance. While I think that Kasia will 99.99% not get signed by IMG (no plus-size division), she has a better chance of getting into Vogue or Harper's Bazaar because she has a high-fashion look, looks younger than her age, and is plus size (Toccara was in Vogue Italia for example, and there are curvy/full-figured issues of big magazines).

Chelsey already looks her age at 23, and at 30, she would look even older. The fashion industry is incredibly critical of people who look old (although with photoshop it's not always an issue) unless you're an established model, so I think Chelsey has a lower chance of getting Vogue or Harpers Bazaar than Kasia does.

In comparison with Chelsey, Kendal who does not look her age (which is why I put down too old as a reason, BUT I still put her down as a model with potential) could still have a chance at getting Vogue or Harper's Bazaar simply because she doesn't look old.

Therefore, Kasia is more "high fashion" because she doesn't look 26, she looks 17, and since her look is also high-fashion (she is called the white Devon Aoki by some RTVGers. EDIT: oops I need to put that in xD), she has a better chance at getting a editorial in, say, a Vogue issue featuring plus-size models.

Shiru_chan88
02-26-2011, 02:10 AM
Sorry for the double-post, but I've finished fixing the impressions of the girls. I need more feedback on cycle 16 girls as the cycle goes along, especially from guest judges and from designers in go-sees.

CORRECTION #1
Here’s my analysis of the 2 cycles, and I write these according to:
-IMG’s requirements: Age 21 and under, height 5’9” and above (unless they are in the plus-size industry)
-Some of RTVG’s prevailing opinions (as in ones I’ve seen often that lots of people seem to agree with)
-Some of the judges’ opinions/designers’ opinions/etc. on their potential.

Girls who fit requirements I listed above are BOLDED.
CYCLE 15
1. Anamaria Mirdita || 19 || 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
Body is too skinny, which she fixed now, so she has lots of potential. People say she looks like Lady Gaga.
2. Terra White || 24 || 5 ft 8 in (1.74 m)
Too old + too short = no high-fashion potential.
3. Sara Blackamore || 21 || 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
People are not sure about her look. I will bold her for now, because at the time of the competition she fit all the requirements.
4. Rhianna Atwood || 20 || 6 ft 1 in (1.87 m)
She is too tall unless agencies list her as 6 ft. Some RTVGers say she needs to tone her legs/lose weight in her thread… :shrug
5. Alexia "Lexie" Tomchek || 18 || 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)
Told by an agency to tone waistline (don’t know if she fixed that yet) + can’t do a lot of frontal shots. People say she looks like Uma Thurman.
6. Kacey Leggett || 20 || 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
Photographs old because of her eyebags, but still has potential according to some RTVGers and Tyra.
7. Kendal Brown || 23 || 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)
Too old, but may trump that because she’s the model noun and would be booked by DVF on the spot. We shall see how she does, but I bolded her anyways. :smitten
8. Esther Petrack || 18 || 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
Chest too big + Needs toning overall, but look is high-fashion.
9. Lyzbeth "Liz" Williams || 21 || 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
Body is too athletic (similar problem as Molly’s).
10. Christin "Chris" White || 20 || 5 ft 10 in (1.79 m)
No high-fashion potential at all, but she took some nice photos.
11. Kayla Ferrel || 19 || 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
She has bad proportions, unfortunately, so she has virtually no runway potential. She might book some high-fashion jobs though.
12. Jane Randall || 19 || 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
SELF-EXPLANATORY! :love (People have compared her to Natasha Poly.)
13. Chelsey Hersley || 23 || 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)
Too old, called commercial, limited in cosmetic campaigns because of her amazing freckles (:cry), but a solid model nonetheless. People say she looks like white Teyona and Anna Paquin.
14. Ann Ward || 19 || 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Too tall (stupid of IMG to list her real height :riphair), but perfect body, extremely photogenic, and has lots of high-fashion potential.

TOTAL: 6 with potential.
Average height of all models: 1.79 m = 5'10.5".
Average age: 20.3 years old.

Compared to
CYCLE 16
1. Alexandria Everett || 21 || 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
I don’t see many problems with her. People have said she looks like Renee C8, Cameron Diaz, and Snejana Onopka, so I bolded her.
2. Brittani Kline || 19 || 5 ft 10 in (1.79 m)
She looks like Karlie Kloss and Jac Jagaciak, so I bolded her.
3. Dalya Morrow || 21 || 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
She may be too androgynous. People have said she looks like Teyona + Liz, or a mannish Jourdan Dunn. Comparison to Jourdan Dunn made me bold her.
4. Dominique Waldrup || 23 || 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
Too old, don’t know about her potential, but I love her freckles! People say she looks like Stacy McKenzie.
5. Hannah Jones || 20 || 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
She is a tad commercial, and needs to tone, but could have potential. People have said she looks like a young Jennifer Aniston, and Analeigh + Raina with a little Allison C12 thrown in.
6. Jaclyn Poole || 20 || 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
She is a baby-face model who needs more experience, but her look shows promise. She might need to tone, but IDK. She is called Brunette Kari.
7. Kasia Pilewicz || 26 || 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
She is too old, but that’s OK for the plus-size industry. Lots of potential as a plus-size, because she looks young, and looks like a white Devon Aoki (according to RTVGers).
8. Mikaela Schipani || 21 || 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
She has a problem with proportions in that her legs look short. Not sure if that will completely hinder her runway success. She has the face, but RTVGers say she looks old in person. I'm not sure what to do with her, so I won't bold her...
9. Molly O'Connell || 22 || 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
Her body is too athletic and she is too old, but she definitely has the face.
10. Monique Weingart || 19 || 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)
Body needs toning, but still has potential. People all think she looks like Shalom Harlow.
11. Nicole Lucas || 20 || 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)
Photographs "old" according to Tyra (RTVG disagrees), doesn’t look good in person and is a disappointment and boring according to RTVG, but she still has potential because RTVG says she looks like Snejana Onopka, high-fashion Chantal C9, and Meaghan Waller CNTM3 winner.
12. Ondrei Edwards || 18 || 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)
She is too short, but still has potential. People call her Baby/Mini Kendal.
13. Sara Longoria || 18 || 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
She has an androgynous look that may work. People have said she looks like Nicholas Cage, young Liza Minelli, a bit of Agyness Deyn, and Jenah C9.
14. Angelia Alvarez || 20 || 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
She doesn’t photograph like a model, but may have potential on runways. People are not sure about her look, but I will no longer bold her because a model has to be photogenic.

TOTAL: 7 with potential.
Average height of all models: 1.77 m = 5'9.5".
Average age: 20.6 years old.

WINNER: Cycle 16, but the two are close.
P.S. PLEASE feel free to correct/add to some of the impressions of the girls as time goes on.

harry
02-26-2011, 03:10 AM

i think it's a matter of looking old versus looking young. in reality models usually just show up on a scene without people knowing their age. but antm is exposing their age to us..

saskia de brauw sort of like the model of the moment despite the fact that she's almost 30 years old!

let's say if both kasia and chelsey both showed up in a magazine. i bet 80% people would say chelsey is older than kasia. :)

H.Bunton
02-26-2011, 05:34 AM
IMO cycle 15 only 3 or 4 of them look high fashion

is Ann , jane, Esther and Rihannah

and C15 was Pretty boring

but C16 is :zsnap

Brit, Molly , Alex , Nicole , Mikeala , Jaclyn maybe Hannah

Jigsawce
02-26-2011, 05:40 AM
Cycle 15: Ann, Chelsey, Jane, Rhianna, Kendal, Anamaria
Cycle 16: Mikaela, Alexandria, Nicole, Molly, Sara, Dalya, Angelia, Monique

Luisdcv
02-26-2011, 06:25 AM
after seeing the first episode I really feel this cast is much better.

even dominique who I feel is the weakest in a way is much better than girls like Kayla and terra LOL

ecureuil
02-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Cycle 16 because Monique is in it

applemania
02-27-2011, 11:34 PM

I agree about your points on Kasia. Crystal Renn is the only plus-size high fashion model out there. And she is 24 and had been in the industry as plus size since 2005. Interesting that you mention Harper's Bazaar, since Renn is the only plus-size girl to every appear on any Harper's Bazaar cover worldwide.

AZAM85
03-01-2011, 01:54 AM
C15 had more potential imo because of Ann, Chelsey, Jane, Kendall, Rhianna, Eshter, Kayla .. actually everyone delivered even Liz had a stunning face but she gave up.. Chris was commercial imo but she was Really good and tried her hardest.

This cycle the cast is good too but I have yet to see the other shoots to determine.