Thread: Marquis Cunningham

Marquis Cunningham

Full name:Marquis Antione Cunningham
    Nickname: MarQ
    Currently live:Hillside, NJ
    Birthplace:Cumberland, NC
    Hometown:Cape Coral, FL
    Birthday:07/19/1989

Are you in school? If so, which one and how long? Did you graduate?
    No, not in College

Are you married?
    No

Do you have any children?
    No

How old were you when you started dancing?

Do you have any formal dance training?
    Yes

If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be?
    Lyrical Contemporary.

What other talents/hobbies do you have?
    I love to sing and act. I write poetry.

Who is your favorite professional dancer?
    Travis Wall

Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
    My aunt and uncle are professional ballroom dancers

Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
    Yes

What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
    Opportunity through exposure and growth. Traveling and teaching what I know and I’m going to learn as well as learning new things along the way. A successful, fun, hard working dance career.

Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
    I’d like to be able to live comfortably in 10 years, mentally and financially. I want to see myself with a degree in dance and a background education in American, world and dance history. So that after I have either started my own dance company or conventions and have taught and performed for as long as my body enables me. I can go and teach younger kids who will be in my position years from now. To give a child a chance when they don’t have the means or the supportive person(s) in their life to help them along in achieving their goals.

What has been your most memorable dance experience?
    How long it took and how far we all came to get to this point. The people as well. It’s such a spiritual feeling when you get a bunch of dancers together, there’s truly nothing like it. We’re crazy, loud, and over the top at times but what artist isn’t? Also at the same time even though we are all here to compete against one another, going after one goal against all odds, we find compassion, love, and dedication in each other. That has been and what I hope to continue to be the most memorable part of this dance experience.

What have you learned so far in going through the audition process for this show?
    I have learned that when it comes to something serious as this its fun, exciting, and can lead to a great opportunity, but if you don’t pay attention to the fast past real world of auditioning you will be lost in a second. Also you can be the most amazing technical and unique dancer in the bunch but if you don’t read across your face the judges don’t see anything. You have to have a personality that is warm, inviting, and in your face but lovable at the same time.

What are your favorite dance moments from movies, TV and/or stage?
    Of course Mia Michaels Piece to “Calling YOU” by Celine Dion. Hair Spray is a great movie, full of high energy dancing. Even though I haven’t seen a lot of musicals, only "The Lion King," I can say that musicals have great theatrical dance moments.

Which choreographers would you like to work with?
    All of them. Because you can never have too much to learn from.

source: www.fox.com

Isn't this the same guy that got CUT from that horrible Bruno vs. Carrie Ann show?

He looks kinda creepy in that photo

I totally see him as one of the first three males to go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bitter View Post
    Isn't this the same guy that got CUT from that horrible Bruno vs. Carrie Ann show?
    Excuse you, that show was GOOD!!!!! Also, he never got cut. Team Carrie Ann didn't win, but he was still there.

And no, Qis from Dance War was way older. They do look similar in a way though.

What I disliked about his performance was that for most of the time he was lifting Susie up, I was afraid she was gonna fall... It didn't look very stable to me.