PDA

View Full Version : The X Factor Series 6

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Rikku
08-08-2009, 07:16 PM
X Factor Series 6 is set to start airing on August 22nd.

The minimum age has been put back up to 16.

The auditions are held in front of an audience like Britain's Got Talent.(I hate that, I prefer when they think they're amazing and are like :O when the judges say no)

Epochalypse
08-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Yeah I'm not looking forward to the audience thing, I want BGT and X-Factor to remain seperate. I'm not excited for this series :(.

Rikku
08-09-2009, 05:53 AM
I miss Series 5. We need another Diana or Ruth this series.

Musti
08-09-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm really looking forward to it, although a bit annoyed about the audience during auditions.

Biscuit
08-09-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm so freaking psyched! I love The X Factor!

Do we know how big this "audience" is? It seems a bit suckish to me really. Why fix something when it was never broken?

Major.
08-09-2009, 05:43 PM
August to Christmas...it seems to get longer every year :lol

Anyway :woo at it being back. I love the X-Factor. Not happy with the auditions being BGT style. It works for BGT, but wont here.

I miss Series 5. We need another Diana or Ruth this series.

Diana is my favourite contestant from the XFactor ever :smitten I dont know how she hasnt been signed up, I love her voice.

phily693
08-09-2009, 06:50 PM
:yay @ it coming back in 2 weeks time. Last series was amazing, so I've got high hopes. As usual I want a group to do well, specifically a girl group. I can see a young guy winning it this year though, if not a young girl.

I've already predicted which judge will mentor which category. I can see Cheryl getting the Boys, Dannii getting the Groups, Louis or Simon getting the Girls, and I can see Louis ending up with the Over 25's once again, tbh.

I hate the audience thing. Simon sees that an idea worked on another show and he decided to use it for another show, it's so silly, it might not work as well.

And btw Major, Diana is signed, I think. She's releasing an album soon anyway.

Rikku
08-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Apparently there are Irish twins in the competition(past bootcamp I believe) in the show this year. The other judges love them and Simon hates them. At least that's what I've been hearing quite a lot lately.

ETA: Found an article about them http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/irish-twins-land-our-top-guru-as-mentor-at-x-factor-boot-camp-1856444.html So that means Louis is mentoring the groups again

phily693
08-15-2009, 07:54 PM
^ I've heard that too. I also heard one of the girls from S Club Juniors does well too. Unfortunately she's the one I disliked the most out of all of them.

There is a PCD-esque girl band who do well. And the international destinations and judges' categories are a bit random. They may not be true though.

The trailers for the auditions look really good. It's got me really excited now.

Rikku
08-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Why would someone who was in a band be allowed on the show? :lol

phily693
08-15-2009, 08:07 PM
^ That guy who made Cheryl leave the judging table from Popstars: The Rivals last year, was in a band called Phixx, made up of the losers from the show. They weren't successful. :lol

Also another guy from Popstars: The Rivals, except this guy actually got in to One True Voice, gets through. I think it's true because I heard that ages ago. But I haven't heard of anything since then.

And this:

Does anyone remember Susie who was in the Over 25's and got to Dannii's house in this series but didn't get through? She was really good and I was gutted she didn't get through. Well anyway she was in the short-lived band The 411. Ring a bell? No?

What about this song:
vEB3mi_7uJM

Yep, she was the lead singer of the band. I knew she had potential, but I didnt realise in the R&B/dance genre.

So it happens all the time. And also Andy Scott-Lee (Lisa from Steps' brother) got to the Top 12 in Pop Idol way back in the day. And he was in the brother boy band Scott-Lee or 3 Scott-Lee. It was crap too.

Biscuit
08-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Which girl from S Club Juniors auditioned for the show? I hope it was that girl with the curly hair! :p

I'm hoping for a guy, or a girlband to win this year. If not, a girl. As long as it's not a boyband tbh. :)

Rikku
08-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Girlbands NEVER do well and they should just stop trying.

phily693
08-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Which girl from S Club Juniors auditioned for the show? I hope it was that girl with the curly hair! :p

I'm hoping for a guy, or a girlband to win this year. If not, a girl. As long as it's not a boyband tbh. :)

It's Stacey -
http://91.img.v4.skyrock.net/919/staceyandfrankie/pics/398424868_small.jpg
I never liked her. She seemed so stuck up in S Club Juniors.

I want a girl band to do well but the public never seem to vote for them. I don't want a guy to win because they have never seemed to do well, plus the guys that get put through have the same kinda style of voice (like Ray and Leon). I hate that style of voice, the only person it's proven to work for is Michael Bublé.

phily693
08-18-2009, 08:02 AM
I've been reading the interviews with all of the judges today. They have pointed out a rocker with an afro as one to keep an eye on as he had a great audition. They said London gave them the best batch of talent and that the Boys are "good" and (surprisingly) the Over 25's are great. I can't remember who (Cheryl maybe?) said that they wanted the Over 25's because they were so strong.

I hope the Over 25's aren't like Daniel. I liked how Ruth was 25 and Rachel was 26, because they were so young the "they're too old and the public won't get them" excuse wasn't brought up. I hope they do a similar thing this year.

Rikku
08-18-2009, 10:25 AM
So there doesn't seem to be any mention of the girls yet so here's how the mentors will go I think.
Groups - Louis
Boys - Cheryl
Girls - Dani
Over 25's - Simon

Though we already know that Louis has the groups for sure.

phily693
08-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Considering the Over 25's are supposedly a strong category this year I think that is probably why Simon has got them. Cheryl's category was pretty predictable, and almost always go far. And :lol @ Louis getting the groups AGAIN. I would've like to have seen how Dannii or Cheryl would've mentored them.

phily693
08-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Ooh this is interesting:

X Factor auditionees Harmony Hood have been given a second chance on the show after another group was axed from the competition for lying on their forms.

The group, which consists of Ryan Stilwell, Charlie Healy, Abbee Pule and YaniQue Takara Byrne first met the judges at the Birmingham auditions, however they were eliminated from the competition after performing badly at boot camp.

However, another group who had made it through to the next stage of the competition were axed after bosses discovered that one of the members was only 15 years-old. The minimum age for the competition is 16, it was raised this year from age 14.

A source told TV Biz: “The band are thrilled they’ve been given a second chance. They feel sorry for the other band but they’re determined to make the most of the opportunity.”

Credit - xfactorcentral
Click here for the link to the article and a pictutr of them - http://www.xfactorcentral.net/news/auditions-news/harmony-hood-chance.xfc

Also every contestant will have to see a psychologist before they get put through to the live shows because of the whole Susan Boyle thing that happened backstage, and how that 8 year old Holly broke down on stage.

Epochalypse
08-19-2009, 01:25 PM
PLEASE no young boys this year, I'm so fed up of them making it to the finals all the time.

Rikku
08-19-2009, 02:35 PM
I really hope Hannah from last series comes back.

Major.
08-19-2009, 06:35 PM
And btw Major, Diana is signed, I think. She's releasing an album soon anyway.

:lol at me only reading this now but still :woo. I cant wait, I loved her voice and cant wait to see what kind of songs she will release. I want a full version of Hallelujah tbh :smitten.

Diana Love <3.

Rikku
08-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Some day in the future Diana will release a version of Hallelujah and make millions.

Infiniti
08-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Some day in the future Diana will release a version of Hallelujah and make millions.

I want a full version of "Carry You Home" and "Nothing Compares To You" especially :smitten

Major.
08-19-2009, 06:52 PM
I want a full version of "Carry You Home" and "Nothing Compares To You" especially :smitten

Yes!

Tbh she is just so amazing. I loved the fact she turned every song into her own. She was so robbed of a place in the final :(

Infiniti
08-19-2009, 06:52 PM
I really hope Hannah from last series comes back.

I'd like to see Amy Connely back, she deserved to stay over Alexandra in my opinion :whistle

Rikku
08-19-2009, 07:07 PM
I'd like to see Amy Connely back, she deserved to stay over Alexandra in my opinion :whistle

MCGASP :hand

Unfortunately Amy proved she couldn't be relied on when the heat was on. She broke too easily and Cheryl didn't want to risk that happening in the live shows.

Though I think Cheryl easily had the hardest choice last year.

phily693
08-19-2009, 07:58 PM

*dies*

:hand Alexandra is Queen, obvs. to say. She has everything. If this girl doesn't become really successful I'm going to have to start to wonder what the hail they've been doing over the past year, as well as why is the public's taste in music so bad? Alexandra was a 1 in a million find, Amy was more like 1 in a 100,000. She was good but not amazing. At least Alexandra rocked every performance and didn't mess any up. :blab

Although Amy was good, she forgot the words at Cheryl's home. That showed she wasn't ready. Plus her sob story was always brought up and it annoyed me.

Topman
08-19-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm looking forward to it as usual. Hopefully we get a better winner than Alexandra this year.

phily693
08-19-2009, 08:24 PM
^ If that's even possible. :smitten

Topman
08-19-2009, 08:28 PM
^ If that's even possible. :smitten

It should be pretty easy.

phily693
08-19-2009, 08:39 PM
:faint

:hand I think you'll find the exit is on the left.~

Rikku
08-22-2009, 12:03 PM
It's on in one hour :woo
*Prays for another Diana and Ruth*

Rikku
08-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Uz0GOlLoeBQ

Get it :zsnap

rv6xnt_i-A8

Amazing and oh so gorgeous. :love

VegvxYFr9cw

He managed to pull off a Beyonce song amazingly.

mzj9z8QDTfU
Obviously the best of the night. He's made the live shows for sure.

iVBIYDGty6c

:lol He's the winner for sure :lol

Also Danii's stylist should be getting a huge raise. She looks AMAZING, wow I am loving her new look. The hair and the outfits are perfection. Get it Danii.

Live audience sucks so much

Biscuit
08-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Stacey (Essex) FTW! I love that she's like, walking distance from my old home too. I really loved Joseph too. Kyle was an embaressment to GA fans tbh. :lol

I hate that the show concentrated on probably less than 10 people tonight. Oh and didn't like Danyl that much TBH :O. He has a great voice but he worked the stage way too much IMO and it was a bit cheesy. Simon and the editors purposely set him up to be all ~amazing~ aswell, like what happened with Susan Boyle.

Britain's Got The X Factor Talent.

Topman
08-22-2009, 04:05 PM
I didn't think Stacey was all that. I'm looking forward to seeing Stacy from Sclub Juniors.
I really don't like the live audience thing at all! :(

phily693
08-22-2009, 08:12 PM
The audience added nothing. I was expecting cheers and jeers galore, especially jeers for the bad ones. It was an OK show. I just hate how the bad is focused on a lot of the time.

Stacey had a Norah Jones/Katie Melua type voice, and the song suited her perfectly. I think she'll go far.

Joseph was good, but I have a feeling he'll be the Leon/Eoghan of the series. They were playing a Jonas Brothers song (I think) at one point when he was talking (if it wasn't him it was somebody else.). That indicates what route they want to steer him down. They played a HSM song last year whenever Liam and Eoghan would talk about something. It's not looking good in that sense. :shakehead

I can't remember Duane. Maybe I was eating when he was on.

Danyl was great! He's a performer, and can definitely play to the crowd. I'd love to see him stripped down of all of that, and just see exactly what he can do.

I really want a stand out girl group and a youngish girl to hurry up and be shown. That'll make me sit up and pay attention for sure.

Tbh, was it just me or did someone else feel the lack of spark that the show had last year? Maybe it's because they didn't show many AMAZING acts tonight.

wts
08-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Is the episode up on YouTube?

Aly
08-23-2009, 12:28 AM
Having a hard time loading the youtube clips for some reason, but I caught a few seconds of each one and it looks like there are some really good people! I'll try to watch the full videos again later.

Killian In The Name Of
08-23-2009, 01:37 AM
I love Danyl (he's a finalist, no "ifs" or "buts" about it) and Stacy (I loved that she chose What A Wonderful World to sing and she didn't mess it up!).

And I'm going to say that Diana annoyed me SO much! The lack of diction, her wailing and the HAND. :riphair

Ruth was amazing, why didn't she win?! And she was sent home over Eoghan, the Cabbage Patch Doll doppelganger. :mad (OK, that was mean, I'm sorry, but Ruth leave the competitiom pissed me off SO much!)

Biscuit
08-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Eoghan caused so many problems last year. :lol

I want to see a good girlband now thx.

Rikku
08-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Turns out Danyl isn't a regular teacher. He teaches dance and drama and is in charge of karaoke concerts where he's from. So it's not just like he just discovered that side of himself :lol

Sir Bitter
08-24-2009, 01:27 AM
No one AMAZING yet like last year. As much praise as Danyl got, I feel it was mostly because of the performance, not the singing.

So far, no one as good as Diana, Alexandra or Laura. I hope Hannah Bradbeer comes back.

Epochalypse
08-24-2009, 05:00 AM
Danyl = Full of himself/Overrated.

Buh-bye.

phily693
08-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Luois Walsh was on the Chris Moyles Show this morning. He said they are about to film the Judges' Homes part. Yet he now has his category. So maybe it's just a rumour he has the Groups again. Although it did sound like he either got the Groups or the Over 25's when they were quizzing him.

Rikku
08-28-2009, 02:21 PM
I read today a confirmation that what I posted on the previous page is what the mentors are.
Boys are favourite to win and it's said that Simon gave them to Danii cause she hasn't won yet and the rest have.