PDA

View Full Version : Finale Episode Discussion Thread

icelangeek
03-17-2018, 11:27 AM
Regardless of the outcome whether you like it or not, IMHO this is one of the best episode of this season because of the maxi challenge, runway looks, as well as the editing itself, especially the built-up momentum of each finalists (i LIVE for BeBe's downfall edit in the finale lmao), and it is worth to discuss.

First, the maxi challenge. IMO this is arguably the best challenge in this season besides The Kitty Girls. Eventhough verse-wise i prefer Read U Wrote U because all the finalists verse were good and hilarious (except for Serena), but overall performance i really like Kitty Girl because of the ambitious production that involved so many people and amazing execution and performance from the finalists as well. Shangela's quasi-rap really snatched me bald, Trixie's verse was really great, and both performance are my favourite parts. Kennedy was the only one who sing (and i didn't know she had a good voice too) and her choreography was sickening. Bebe's verse was really flat but still representing her personality and brand. AND i also NEED that Braydon the hot backup dancer social media.

Second, the jury deliberation. Now, that one had got me confused as hell because their questions to the finalists were a bit all over the place and it didn't really explain what were they really want to find from those finalists, whether they should deserve to go to top 2 or not. But, from my perspective, i guess they want to crown a queen who actually got benefit from it and knows what she wants to do with the crown because the "what are you going to do with the crown?" question was the one that was frequently asked by the jurors to BeBe, Trixie, and Kennedy. If that was what they really looking for, then it made sense for me that Kennedy got the most juror points, since she said that she was the only one who is invisible among the other finalists outside the drag race and she needed the crown the most (BeBe had win one, Shangela had already made name for herself, Trixie had a large fanbase) and her answers really convinced the jurors. But at the end of the day, i feel like they just made their decision based on their own personal reason because there was no any clear explanation of their own criteria.

Third, the lipsync. At first, Trixie just stood there with emotions that kinda disconnected with the song, while Kennedy were more dominating because she added interpretive dance to her number. But after the chorus hit and until the end, Kennedy was just giving too much motion while Trixie's emotion was finally connected with the song. IMO Trixie won that lipsync.

Wholahay1234
03-17-2018, 12:18 PM
Regardless of the outcome whether you like it or not, IMHO this is one of the best episode of this season because of the maxi challenge, runway looks, as well as the editing itself, especially the built-up momentum of each finalists (i LIVE for BeBe's downfall edit in the finale lmao), and it is worth to discuss.

First, the maxi challenge. IMO this is arguably the best challenge in this season besides The Kitty Girls. Eventhough verse-wise i prefer Read U Wrote U because all the finalists verse were good and hilarious (except for Serena), but overall performance i really like Kitty Girl because of the ambitious production that involved so many people and amazing execution and performance from the finalists as well. Shangela's quasi-rap really snatched me bald, Trixie's verse was really great, and both performance are my favourite parts. Kennedy was the only one who sing (and i didn't know she had a good voice too) and her choreography was sickening. Bebe's verse was really flat but still representing her personality and brand. AND i also NEED that Braydon the hot backup dancer social media.

Second, the jury deliberation. Now, that one had got me confused as hell because their questions to the finalists were a bit all over the place and it didn't really explain what were they really want to find from those finalists, whether they should deserve to go to top 2 or not. But, from my perspective, i guess they want to crown a queen who actually got benefit from it and knows what she wants to do with the crown because the "what are you going to do with the crown?" question was the one that was frequently asked by the jurors to BeBe, Trixie, and Kennedy. If that was what they really looking for, then it made sense for me that Kennedy got the most juror points, since she said that she was the only one who is invisible among the other finalists outside the drag race and she needed the crown the most (BeBe had win one, Shangela had already made name for herself, Trixie had a large fanbase) and her answers really convinced the jurors. But at the end of the day, i feel like they just made their decision based on their own personal reason because there was no any clear explanation of their own criteria.

Third, the lipsync. At first, Trixie just stood there with emotions that kinda disconnected with the song, while Kennedy were more dominating because she added interpretive dance to her number. But after the chorus hit and until the end, Kennedy was just giving too much motion while Trixie's emotion was finally connected with the song. IMO Trixie won that lipsync.

DEAD....:lol

xsai
03-18-2018, 01:22 PM
there's a video floating on instagram somewhere (i should've saved it but i was half asleep when i saw it) where Chi Chi explains her reasons for choosing Kennedy and Trixie and she implies that the eliminated queens actually didn't get much information? like she basically said that she voted for Kennedy bc they were friends and Trixie bc she was sweet to her, and then when she saw the show and saw how Shangela was killing it, she felt like it was a wrong decision

so i guess i get it the decisions of the early out queens a little more, but it still doesn't explain why she got 1 vote from the last placer, and everyone else went for Kennedy and Trixie