PDA

View Full Version : Why is Yu Tsai back?

Cleopatra2011
08-14-2018, 01:12 PM
Watching season 5 again, I felt the exact same anger and frustration watching this egoistic pile of **** screaming/shouting on top of his lungs at those poor girls who are already on such a nerve-wrecking experience.

Why are they bringing him back time and time again!? What is so valuable about him? The way he screams at the girls makes me want to turn off the episode instead of keep watching it.

I DON'T GET IT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPi2dDy1Shg

AnemonefisH
08-14-2018, 01:34 PM
I like him as a photographer, not as AsNTM mentor. He seems to be overly exaggerating for the drama.
I mean, I def donít see him yelling to models like Chrissy Teigan or Cameron Russels to get the best shot for Vogue covers he did for sure lmao.

Darkswordian
08-14-2018, 02:04 PM
Unfortunately, he's probably too big in the industry for AsNTM to want to let him go.

Ruby.h
08-14-2018, 07:55 PM
The sad thing is that most Asian fans actually enjoy the whole yelling & the annoying "models, models, models" thing :shakehead:shakehead

Sometimes, i think that Yu Tsai is tired of saying "models,models, models" too, but the fans enjoy it so much that they make him do it every f***ing time :lol

internaldisputes
08-14-2018, 09:39 PM
I think they're going for the good cop, bad cop thing with Yu Tsai and Cindy. Even Cindy acknowledged that there will be a lot of disagreements between her and Yu Tsai this season.

Jellal
08-14-2018, 10:14 PM
An NTM season isn't complete without that one judge/mentor whom we can all rally on and mutually hate.

choroneko
08-14-2018, 11:59 PM
They should release him and bring back Mike Rosenthal who actually gives relevant criticisms. Unfortunately, they're milking this Yu Tsai try hard Simon Cowell of AsNTM.

lorde
08-15-2018, 12:24 AM
i prefer kenneth goh over him to be a judge. kenneth is fun and genuinely care about the models. his comments are make sense and not biased, unlike yu tsai.

TunHakii
08-15-2018, 01:00 AM
Yu Tsai to RTVG

https://78.media.tumblr.com/7eaa3efff497680e2366359616a5bb42/tumblr_o5x7gjyzlj1ra4bw8o5_400.gif

AnemonefisH
08-15-2018, 01:07 AM
There’s another Asian photographer/fashion editor who is less annoying and also appeared on ANTM: Nicola Formichetti.
They should have him replace Yu Tsai since ANTM seems to be discontinued for now.

Darkswordian
08-15-2018, 01:40 AM
The sad thing is that most Asian fans actually enjoy the whole yelling & the annoying "models, models, models" thing :shakehead:shakehead

Sometimes, i think that Yu Tsai is tired of saying "models,models, models" too, but the fans enjoy it so much that they make him do it every f***ing time :lol

Wait, people like this?!

pawsupqueen
08-15-2018, 02:47 AM
^i literally would say fuc**ng no to "models, models, models", wish there's another asian photographer this year, Nicoline Patricia could be one of em.

dcnm
08-15-2018, 02:52 AM
You can be a mean judge without being a painfully annoying ass. Alex Perry and Charlotte Dawson were harsh and bitchy but entertaining.

Replace Yu Tsai with Dominic Lau and I guarantee the Asian fans will love the show even more.

Ruby.h
08-15-2018, 03:20 AM
Wait, people like this?!

I think so :lol, i asked a lot of my friends since i found it annoying &Wanted to know if they thought the same,but they like it, they thought it a cool signature thing that make him diferent :shakehead

Also there a voting in a FB Fanpage in Vietnam asking if we want Yu Tsai to be back, lots of fans actually voted yes

https://s15.postimg.cc/83x9ooyqj/IMG_20180815_151041.jpg

rehthea
08-15-2018, 03:29 AM
I honestly don't mind him as much as y'all do. My primary concern in AsNTM are the MOs and inconsistent photoshoot quality.

Fix those and you have the perfect NTM mix imo (considering they retain C5's editing)

arubanna
I think so :lol, i asked a lot of my friends since i found it annoying &Wanted to know if they thought the same,but they like it, they thought it a cool signature thing that make him diferent :shakehead

Also there a voting in a FB Fanpage in Vietnam asking if we want Yu Tsai to be back, lots of fans actually voted yes

https://s15.postimg.cc/83x9ooyqj/IMG_20180815_151041.jpg

eww :puke

Cleopatra2011
You can be a mean judge without being a painfully annoying ass. Alex Perry and Charlotte Dawson were harsh and bitchy but entertaining.

Replace Yu Tsai with Dominic Lau and I guarantee the Asian fans will love the show even more.

YEEEEEEEEEEEES!

SuperModelMe jusdging panel was the highlight of the show, they disagreed a lot and fought for theirm faves but they NEVER disrespected each other or the girls and I loved how passionate they were, it is rare to see this on AsNTM.

GOD, I loved this show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzvErDZThyI

hereisbon
08-15-2018, 07:58 AM
They can replace Yu Tsai with Todd Anthony Tyler or Chiun-Kai Shih anytime. Todd for eyecandy purpose, Chiun-Kai for a notable photographer. But I believe they still need Yu Tsai because he can bring the drama for the gurls.

rehthea
08-15-2018, 08:26 AM
Oh god bring back Todd Anthony Tyler please :drool

rosevalley
08-16-2018, 05:33 AM
Get Zhao Lei or Daisuke Ueda in, please...

hereisbon
08-16-2018, 08:26 AM

Yassss one eps won't be that hard though, also Hao Yun Xiang pls :drool I mean we will end up having some random celebs like Mike Lewis, Daniel Manantha, Tom Rodriguez :rolleyes I'm not mad though :lips

@InabaTewi@
08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAS :drool But they will prob get another Euroasian muscular commercial male model then (which I don't mind that much either :flower)

Back to Yu Tsai, as much as I hate him for unnecessarily dragging girls' confidence level down like Cindy/Abby or throwing unnecessary drama to Chantelle/Kelly, he had a point to be on the show.
Dramas shouldn't be one dimensionally only contestant vs contestants, there should also be judge vs contestant, photographer vs contestant, even judge vs judge, which Yu Tsai had done a pretty good job so far......

Exhale
08-22-2018, 04:47 PM
I'm seriously going to have to skip any Yu Tsai introduction if I'm going to hear 'Models Models Models, Yu Tsai Yu Tsai Yu Tsai' several times an ep.

I'm disgusted.

ilovejanelle
08-23-2018, 08:40 AM
3 times in one single episode... it's just too much and it's just very annoying...

lorde
08-23-2018, 09:58 AM
annoying. rude. self-centered. narcissistic. i can't even say any good things abt him lol.

hereisbon
08-23-2018, 10:16 AM
If I were Sharnie, I will throw that crocodile (or iguana which I don't remember what was her animal) to Yu Tsai's face and leave the room while saying "I am not here for your bull****, I'm out."

cleomenstrua211
08-23-2018, 10:56 AM
to be fair,i like the way he comforted Han

coldgreenwater
08-23-2018, 12:23 PM
He is horrible. And also stupid. It was right not wanting to scream with an animal there and it looked just as convincing silently. I wish the animal did freak out just so that Yu Tsai would be to blame.

Ghetto Diva (Nabil)
09-15-2018, 12:24 AM
I cringe every time he does the 'models, models, models' bit. :puke And all those tops with it too are like :shrug .

MissFashion
09-15-2018, 01:13 AM
I thought Yu Tsai Yu Tsai Yu Tsai was cringey and funny, so I don’t mind him at all. I’ve really enjoyed this season, and it’s my first time watching AsNTM!