PDA

View Full Version : 2 hour Premiere June 18th

Aly
05-19-2006, 02:15 PM
In this fast-paced adventure reality series, multi-player teams try to stay one step ahead of each other as they are mentally and physically challenged in their quest of a promised hidden treasure. The teams must avoid elimination as they travel to historically significant locations where they must decipher cryptic codes and puzzles, each with a clue leading them closer to solving the ultimate puzzle, and obtaining the coveted grand prize.

source: www.nbc.com

Bambi
05-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Not only did the book "The DaVinci Code" create a movie, it's created a "reality tv show". LOL!!

Oh, for you who do not know this, the movie "National Treasure" is a take off on the book also. It took awhile for the actual book to be turned into a move. Before Dan Brown allowed his book to become a movie, he wanted to make sure the "right" Director and Actor would do it. I think the director and actor are the best combination in "hollywood" right now!

Erika
05-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Not only did the book "The DaVinci Code" create a movie, it's created a "reality tv show". LOL!!

Oh, for you who do not know this, the movie "National Treasure" is a take off on the book also. It took awhile for the actual book to be turned into a move. Before Dan Brown allowed his book to become a movie, he wanted to make sure the "right" Director and Actor would do it. I think the director and actor are the best combination in "hollywood" right now!
Um what movie Bambi - The DaVinci Code? Coming out in theaters tonight? It stars Tom Hanks and is directed by Ron Howard. Is this to what you refer? I don't think National Treasure with Nicholas Cage and Dan Brown's book, The DaVinci Code bare much or a resemblence to one another, thus I am slightly confused.......but most of all I am confused by your reference here?

It sounds like this show is a little something like National Treasure, so I am not sure where you fit in the Da Vinci Code, Ron Howard, Tom Hanks or Dan Brown? :shrug

Aly
05-21-2006, 11:36 PM
I'm excited for this show! I may be the only one, but I think it'll be really good :)

DoeBoy
05-22-2006, 10:18 AM
^I'm quite excited too! And it's on Sunday, so that's a plus!

kraziladi
05-22-2006, 10:43 AM
It looks like it will be a wonderful spinoff of TAR!

Looking forward to it also!

Aly
05-22-2006, 10:59 AM
It's premiering Sunday, but will actually be on Mondays. I wish Sunday was the normal day though.

Aly
05-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Sorry guys, I just noticed that the formatting of the team threads was REALLY messed up in IE (it was fine in Firefox though). Anyway I fixed it :o Sorry about that! :o

Davis_Rocks
05-28-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm excited for this show! I may be the only one, but I think it'll be really good :)

I will definitly watch it! I am excited, and hope it will be good! it has definite potential! lol

I like the concept, it looks cool! :)

kraziladi
05-29-2006, 07:50 PM
It's premiering Sunday, but will actually be on Mondays. I wish Sunday was the normal day though.

If you like Sunday's, then I heard TAR will be on Sundays now??? Now I heard this from a friend so who knows???

Bambi
05-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Um what movie Bambi - The DaVinci Code? Coming out in theaters tonight? It stars Tom Hanks and is directed by Ron Howard. Is this to what you refer? I don't think National Treasure with Nicholas Cage and Dan Brown's book, The DaVinci Code bare much or a resemblence to one another, thus I am slightly confused.......but most of all I am confused by your reference here?

It sounds like this show is a little something like National Treasure, so I am not sure where you fit in the Da Vinci Code, Ron Howard, Tom Hanks or Dan Brown? :shrug

Erika, I do feel that The DaVinci Code, the book, (and yes I know the movie and who stars in it, I saw it opening night) and National Treasure do bare a resemblence. A very simple one...breaking codes, figuring out clues to find "something". That is the only resemblence I feel they have, but they do resemble each other in that little way. So because, the book, The DaVinci Code was published before the movie National Treasure came out, I just think think the tv show Treasure Hunters used both the book The DaVinci Code and the movie National Treasure to get ideas for this tv show.

But I do think the code breaking and clue figuring out to find something hidden is a resemblence in both of them.

I just said The DaVinci Code because the book came out before the movie National Treasure. Personally, I think people got ideas for this tv show from both of them. That's all I meant by my post, sorry if I confused you.

kraziladi
05-30-2006, 06:44 PM
I'm thinking of doing a prediction game for this?

What do ya'll think?

I'm not sure about the format yet and might need to at least watch one episode to figure it out.

I'll think about it and see if I can do a bit of research!

DoeBoy
05-30-2006, 07:25 PM
I'd love a Prediction Game! :yay

Bambi
06-09-2006, 09:50 PM
I would love a prediction game based on this game. I only hope I have a comptuer when it starts!

I would also like to add at this time that there is a full page ad in my last TV Guide Magazine about this new show. It states, this show is from the Producers of "The Da Vinci Code", (not National Treasure). So I was correct in my previous post. The Novel "The Da Vinci Code" did produce a Movie and a Reality Show.

Erika
06-10-2006, 05:32 AM
I just said The DaVinci Code because the book came out before the movie National Treasure. Personally, I think people got ideas for this tv show from both of them. That's all I meant by my post, sorry if I confused you.

:lol Now I get it!! I was so confused before - thanks Bambi ;)

Jay
06-14-2006, 07:54 PM
For Canadians who are cable and satellite challenged, Global will be broadcasting the show. I saw the promo two days ago.

manjalteng
06-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Pheew... it's a good thing I checked this thread today or else I would've missed the premiere tonight! I swear, summer makes your schedule all weird and stuff. But I can't wait for tonight!

Sir Bitter
06-18-2006, 09:10 AM
X marks the friggin spot!

I cannot wait to watch this show and read Doeboy's recaps!

Nikki_Brandon
06-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Is there any way to catch the show online..I dont want to miss it:(

DoeBoy
06-18-2006, 09:48 AM
You're not getting the channel/show?

Nikki_Brandon
06-18-2006, 10:06 AM
I'm in freaking Singapore..We get nothing!!:(

AIW
06-18-2006, 10:16 AM
The show hasn't been getting the best reviews. Many saw it is confusing and just like TAR, but hey, I think I'll still like it.

DoeBoy
06-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Me too. I just hope it doesn't get cancelled. :lol

Nikki_Brandon
06-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Just like TAR!!! That's just what i need!! Anybody!!:(

DoeBoy
06-18-2006, 10:50 AM
You could try downloading it. (Don't arrest me for saying that please!_

I'm not sure which program to use, but you could.

Maybe someone will put it on YouTube or another site. So, don't fear!

Bambi
06-18-2006, 12:30 PM
The show hasn't been getting the best reviews. Many saw it is confusing

Probably because they couldn't figure out the clues themselves! LOL!! I'm sure I won't be able to figure out most of the clues, but, if the team(s) I'm rooting for figure the clues out, then I'll be happy!!

I think it'll be a fun show!

Kyla
06-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Is there any way to catch the show online..I dont want to miss it:(
Go to the official site, here (http://www.nbc.com/Treasure_Hunters/).

You can watch the whole premiere online without having to download anything!

Nikki_Brandon
06-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Yep I tried that, but they say it is not available from my region...Thanks swim and Kyla..By the way, welcome to the site Kyla!! Good news though, I have finally found a way to catch it!!:)

AIW
06-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Welcome to the site Kyla! I hope to see more posts from you!