PDA

View Full Version : 6/18 Show Discussion

Aly
06-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Starting out pretty good in my opinion.

The Wild Hanlons are SO my favorite team :D

baskiddball
06-18-2006, 07:19 PM
You know the Browns will win witha guy who cant swim.

Davis_Rocks
06-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Ok, I know I am 10 minutes behind, but I need to post so I don't forget!

First of all, the beginning, it was good, like the voice over and the narrator, but I have a feeling they are going to try really hard to make this a davinchi code knock off, but its just going to turn out to be an amazing race double with a couple of cheap "secrets"...

Second, I loved the moross code idea! Super uber cool! I also like how they can search the entire camp / boat for help like books and stuff... good idea!

Also, just a note on the teams, threes company, I hope this gets delicious! Oh ya, and I wonder how the 5 seperate teams from the other 5 will work, its kind of a cool idea...

Lastly, I like the air force team, the genius head honcho is annoying, and so far the wild talons are hilarious; the mullet man reminds me of the miners from TARO2... and the kid on that team gives me a good laugh!

Already, it had been pretty interesting, hopefully the first 10 minutes forcasts the rest of the season...

ps. Wow now I am like 20 min behind, sorry to be making such late comments :p *runs back to dvr*

Antm
06-18-2006, 07:32 PM
Again, I find it VERY funny that the team name is "BROWN" family. It's like the "BLACK" family on TAR Family Edition. :lol Is it Brown like their name or their physical characteristic?

Aly
06-18-2006, 07:40 PM
OMG - The Fogals! Someone needs to take that team DOWN! They just irritated me SO bad with what they did - GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

baskiddball
06-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Thats hilarious. Its like surprise, heres 5 more competitors!

Davis_Rocks
06-18-2006, 08:06 PM
lol I finally caught up to you guys in the tape

--

First, I love the clues in this show! "Your next clue is barried somewhere in the glacier" :lol Is it just me who finds that funny? And then how Stillwater Washington turned into Lake George, Amazing!!... I loved that crazy key as well! It was soo cool how they had to get both parts of it and it wouldn't open unless they played around!

This game definitly is well thought out! I love how the clues really aren't too indepth and they have to do everything themselves!

Secondly, it was so funny when Kristen from Team Miss USA said "Papa Halon's mullet is sexy, I just want to touch it"... one word, 'Ew'!

So far, my favorite teams are Air Force, Ex CIA, and Southie Boys... But on the other hand, I think that the Fogal family is crazy!! They stole the box, are competitive, but are preachers!! :p They are like the Weavers from TAR8!

Finally, I think that this show is super good so far! I love the adventure, the physical work, and the fact that teams have to be more independant in solving clues... Though I do question the last minute of the first hour when teams just happened to get there at the same time, and ran like they showed meeting and being like 'Wow others, lets all line up in 2 rows and silently stare at the other group"... I dont know, to me that seemed a little bit set up...

baskiddball
06-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Bye bye young professionals.

LingPetunia
06-18-2006, 09:09 PM
I really liked this show, but my god, some of these people are complete morons. Aly, I can't believe the Hanlons are your favorite team, although I did enjoy the Deliverance music every time they were show.

Sir Bitter
06-18-2006, 09:10 PM
I like the CIA and Air Force teams. HATE HATE the Fogals. Ticked off with the cocky Geniuses. Miss USAs are hot (they better be, with that team name).

DoeBoy
06-18-2006, 09:16 PM
I like this show. There's so much to hate about those contestants. Loves it! :yay

Davis_Rocks
06-18-2006, 09:52 PM
:lol Why is no one posting in this thread... I hate to triple post, but if I am the only one whos going to post my thoughts... :p (plus i need to talk about that last hour lol)

--

Well overall I really like this show... I can see why some wouldn't like the show as it can have long thoughtful challenges, but I am loving it!

I like the twist they did with pairing the teams --> It was ironic that the Graduates and the Halons were paired up :lol, "You guys graduated, you should know the greek alphabet" .... Also I love the first team; ex CIA and Air Force :) My faves in one!

I also loved how they had to go in different directions in the bus and they were going the wrong way, and they couldnt change direction till they got the correct location! It was so interesting how they had to find the location!

Anyways, to conclude my thoughts, I really loved the new show! I thought it was interesting, intelligent, and fun to watch! I like the characters, the clues, and how the show works! And I am really excited to see and hoping that we will see many more seasons of this show to come! ;)

baskiddball
06-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Not to state the obvious, but the discussion thread for tonights episode would be a good place to see other peoples opinions:) Nice thoughts though Davie.

Davis_Rocks
06-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Not to state the obvious, but the discussion thread for tonights episode would be a good place to see other peoples opinions:) Nice thoughts though Davie.

*stunned*

*jaw drops*

ohh... my... godd....

*smacks head*

Davis_Rocks
06-18-2006, 10:04 PM

OH MY GOD!! I POSTED ALL MY THOUGHTS IN THREE HUMOUNGOUS POSTS IN THE... WRONG THREAD!! :lol I am so dumb!!

Anyways, Aly, you wanna merge my 3 posts? Can you? lol... And if you cant then EVERYONE --> PLEASE GO TO THE OTHER THREAD AND READ MY POSTS WHICH TOOK AS MUCH TIME TO WRITE AS IT WAS TO WATCH THE SHOW! :p

I like the CIA and Air Force teams. HATE HATE the Fogals. Ticked off with the cocky Geniuses. Miss USAs are hot (they better be, with that team name).

You pretty summed up every last thought I had about the show! Both my favorites, my hatred, and the hottness factor!! *high fives*

GlitterxGold
06-18-2006, 10:46 PM
I only caught the last 15 minutes *doh* Doey I will so be looking forward to your recap! ;)

Arrgh I almost, almost, almost put the Young Professionals as coming in last in the Prediction game. I changed my mind at the very last minute though, darn it. Heheh I like how the Texans united! :cowboy

Aly
06-18-2006, 11:25 PM
I think the Hanlons are HILARIOUS :rofl LOVE THEM :yay

I also really like the Air Force team because they are smart and athletic - everything my Hanlons are not :lol

I can't stand the Fogals or the Southie boys. I think that blonde Genius is one of the dumbest people on the show. Team Miss USA is worthless, but I like the grad students. I thought the Browns would be endearing, and they kind of are... but they're also kind of annoying. I'm glad the Young Professionals left.

Davis_Rocks
06-19-2006, 12:09 AM
I also really like the Air Force team because they are smart and athletic - everything my Hanlons are not :lol

:rofl

But seriously, I think the Hanlons are funny to.. laugh AT, but I really do not like them, they are annoying... To me they are like the Paulo family from TAR8... Sorry Aly lol

--

QUESTION: So everyone, overall what do you think of the show on a scale of 1 to 10? In Comparison to The Amazing Race? As a reality show? Whats your thoughts? :)

Aly
06-19-2006, 12:35 AM
I think at this point, I'd rate it a solid 6 or 7. We'll see if it goes downhill next week though.

C'mon, where's the Hanlon love?? The show wouldn't have been funny tonight if they weren't on it. I was cracking up at some of their comments, but mostly at how they were over-thinking everything and looking like big dummies in the process.

Nikki_Brandon
06-19-2006, 04:04 AM
I'm desperate to catch it!!! Somebody help me please!!:(

DoeBoy
06-19-2006, 06:36 AM
Nikki, you're in luck! NBC put the premiere on their site. Unfortunately, you won't be able to catch the rest of the episodes. (I don't think so, at least.)

Nikki_Brandon
06-19-2006, 10:00 AM
I tried that too!! It said it's not available in my region...:( Im just hoping some kind soul uploads it somewhere online where I can get my hands on it now:(

CrazyForKahlen
06-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Just finished watching this! Pretty good - I might have to do a Treasure Hunters game in the future!

My 3 favourite teams were all in the Bottom 4 (Browns, Wild Hanlons, Geniuses) but the personality-free team (my 2nd least faves) got eliminated instead :yay

I hate the Air Force team a lot. They'll go far and be very boring/creepy. Like TAR8, all the teams that are weighed down by two or more older or unfit players will probably all leave early. Waaaaay too many pointless alpha males (CIA, Air Force, Southie Boys), given they'll all probably make it to the end :(

kungfuhippie
06-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Whats up with the host? He's terrible! He's more robotic than Julie Chen...

Jay
06-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Ack! I did not like the show. The host was terrible; no personality at all. I felt the show was a one hour commercial for Motorola. I hate it when cell phones around me ring loudly so when their phones rang everytime a team solved a puzzle successfully, well, my nerves were frayed by the end of the two hours. I don't think I will be watching any future episodes.

Swim4life107
06-20-2006, 01:56 AM
I'm desperate to catch it!!! Somebody help me please!!:(
It's up on the NBC site. Try using a proxy server with it.

http://www.nbc.com/Treasure_Hunters/

Your Welcome beyotch!

Bambi
06-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Couldn't stand the host, hated the cell phone thing, but liked the "actual" show. I love the "Air Force", "Ex-CIA" and the Wild Hanlons"!

Really got a fun kick when the Geniuses didn't come across as "geniuses"!! I even figured out the had to go to Mt. Rushmore before anybody mentioned Mt. Rushmore. But that will be the only clue I'll be able to figure out from now on!! The clues are getting much more tough.

The Fogals, I can't wait for them to be eliminated!!

But, I like this show, alot!!!

Swim4life107
06-20-2006, 11:29 PM
The Fogals are jacka$$'s! Aren't they the ones who stole the clue thing from the Grad stundents or Miss Usa's? I have a funny hunch they will make the final round.

Anyways I love the Miss USA's. They are so cute and hawt. So cool they got 3rd. I finally had time to watch the episode on NBC and It was ok. It mimics TAR to much and it's not as good.

Nikki_Brandon
06-21-2006, 12:33 PM
Just finished watching it!! It was awesome though I would pick TAR over it any day..My favorite teams so far are the Grads, Miss USA (duh!):lol, Brown, Air Force, Wild Hanlons and I cant stand the Fogals and namely Charles of the Geniuses..

I actually thought that phone thing was quite cool..Oh well, cant wait for the next episode:yay

Swim4life107
06-22-2006, 12:55 AM
How did you get to see it Nikki?

Bambi
06-22-2006, 02:09 PM
The Fogals are jacka$$'s! Aren't they the ones who stole the clue thing from the Grad stundents or Miss Usa's?

Yes, basically that's what happened. But, he's a Pastor of a church, so I guess it's ok for him to do something like that. He's doing it for his faith. Ya right! ;)

Sorry if that sounded mean to any of you, but that's how I feel about that!!

RiddleMeThis
06-24-2006, 04:38 PM
Wow just watched it and some teams I can't stand.

My favorites are: Miss usa's and Brown family.

They just seem to stand out most to me and I'm cheering them on all the way.

The two teams I can't stand are:

geniuses and wild hanlons.

Please get these two out of here ASAP. Ughh.