View Full Version : Amelia Lily

Tainninho
10-08-2011, 12:08 PM
AMELIA LILY

http://i.imgur.com/PSEZH.png

Favourite Artist/Musical Inspiration: Pink
My Party Trick Is: Head banging!
Guilty Pleasure: Shoes and lots of jewellery

After being eliminated in week 1 by her own mentor, Amelia Lily has won a public vote to find a replacement for Frankie Cocozza, returning to The X Factor 2011 to compete against the current remaining finalists. The pink haired teen went up again 2 Shoes, James Michael and Jonjo Kerr for a spot back on the show. The public were given the task of deciding which of the four should comeback and replace Frankie, who was axed from the show due to breaking competition rules. Announcing the results on November 12, Dermot revealed Amelia polled 48% of the votes. Amelia said: "I've been so emotional backstage, I cannot believe I'm back in. Thank you all for voting for me. It's been the most stressful two days of my life but it's been worth it."

Mentored by: Kelly Rowland

http://i.imgur.com/xmwee.png http://i.imgur.com/gYUiv.png

1st Audition - "Piece of My Heart" by Erma Franklin
AKIv7SdSFYY

Judges' Houses - "E.T." by Katy Perry
Kz6X20K-74g

ELIMINATED ON DECEMBER 10
3rd Place

Source: xfactor.itv.com (http://xfactor.itv.com/)

Nade
10-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Her and Sophie are by far my favourites. She has an insane voice and I'm glad X Factor's finally got a rock chic! Her performance of ET was seriously amazing! :smitten

Boom
10-08-2011, 12:20 PM
My favourite! :love

Jigsawce
10-08-2011, 12:42 PM
She reminds me of Christina Aguilera which I love!

One of my pre-liveshow-favourites, although i'm not liking her makeover at all. I preferred the ice-blonde hair and bright-red lipstick Amelia.

Jigsawce
10-09-2011, 07:03 AM
I think she might be the one to go from the Girls category tonight. :cry

paddylast
10-09-2011, 03:12 PM
I knew it would be between her and sophie. I'm a bit disappointed that she left this early...would've been fun to see her perform more...

Tainninho
10-09-2011, 05:16 PM
I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE WENT HOME. I'M DEVASTATED. :cry I was so willing to see more amazing performances from her.

Nade
10-09-2011, 05:31 PM
It's unbelievable that someone so insanely talented left on the first week. I honestly think this was one of the worst "twists" in X Factor history.

Ethan
10-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Amelia had the potential to win and go on to be extremely successful. This is utter BS. :cry Kelly should have considered how long lasting her girls could be in the long run and their chances in the industry, not just how they did in their live performances.

DenDens
10-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Weeping IRL for this pop goddess.:riphair:cry

All four girls would have been my final 4 in this. I just can't at Johnny still being in and she had to leave

oliver1990
10-09-2011, 06:33 PM
I knew it would be between her and sophie. I'm a bit disappointed that she left this early...would've been fun to see her perform more...
There was no bottom 2 or anything. Just 3 girls safe, 1 girl goes. So it wasn't between her and Sophie. Sophie just happened to be the last girl called.

Cdawg4480
10-09-2011, 07:29 PM
sorta praying that the rumor of the 4 eliminated contestants being mentored by Cheryl Cole is true...even though I doubt it is :(

H.Bunton
10-09-2011, 08:34 PM
“MG :cry i cant i cant :cry.

backtostar
10-10-2011, 07:04 AM
It's unbelievable that someone so insanely talented left on the first week. I honestly think this was one of the worst "twists" in X Factor history.

Agreed :(
She wasn't my favourite. But ARG!
I really feel bad for her :cry

Hippie_boy
10-10-2011, 04:06 PM

IA. After all the praise she got week after week her elimination made no sense.

paddylast
10-11-2011, 01:07 AM
There was no bottom 2 or anything. Just 3 girls safe, 1 girl goes. So it wasn't between her and Sophie. Sophie just happened to be the last girl called.

I know that there is no bottom two bb' all I'm just saying is that the eliminee would only be between the two of them :hi

------------

Is it just me or she does kinda look like Kendra Wilkinson?

Nade
11-10-2011, 05:57 PM
She has to be the one who comes back this weekend! As much as this twist annoys me; it would be amazing to be able to hear her on Saturday night again. She had way too much talent to go that early.

Rikku
11-10-2011, 08:49 PM
As much as I dislike her she will be voted back in. However it's extremely unfair that she'll have a 5 week headstart. I hope it's that whoever returns is fighting for 3rd place or something. It would be unfair to let them actually win. They should have a consolation prize if they make the final for example.

ANTMfan26
11-12-2011, 09:51 AM
One of the most talented first eliminees, quite happy she'll get a second chance though.

Jigsawce
11-12-2011, 11:05 AM
As much as I dislike her she will be voted back in. However it's extremely unfair that she'll have a 5 week headstart. I hope it's that whoever returns is fighting for 3rd place or something. It would be unfair to let them actually win. They should have a consolation prize if they make the final for example.

It would be even more unfair to have them reinstated into the competition but not make them eligible to win.

Rikku
11-14-2011, 10:22 AM
It would be even more unfair to have them reinstated into the competition but not make them eligible to win.

I've actually changed my mind on her last night, I enjoy her vocals BUT I don't think she should be allowed win. Who's to say she wouldn't have messed up during one of the 5 weeks she wasn't in the competition? I just find a five week "pass" unfair on the other finalists.

oliver1990
11-14-2011, 02:36 PM
I know that there is no bottom two bb' all I'm just saying is that the eliminee would only be between the two of them :hi

------------

Is it just me or she does kinda look like Kendra Wilkinson?
That still means bottom 2.:hi Why didn't you think it could potentially be her and Janet or her and Misha?

paddylast
11-14-2011, 10:27 PM
^hehe I'm talking about bottom two per se - like specifically stated that YOU TWO ARE THE BOTTOM TWO CUZ YOU TWO GIRLS ARE THE WORST and all...

well, for one - Janet and Misha were the favorites to begin with... :hi

JamieC
11-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Rooting for her to win

H.Bunton
11-28-2011, 12:13 PM
^ me 2

Ethan
11-28-2011, 05:21 PM
I don't think her voice is all that strong tbh. When she gets into the song in her higher register, she is amazing but I feel like sometimes in the less-climatic moments she loses focus and sometimes goes off key a bit.

Amelia has the look down completely and is completely marketable to add, but I still feel like she does not deserve to win because of her "free pass" as it would totally be unfair to the others. :/

DenDens
11-28-2011, 06:40 PM
I actually think her lower register is more interesting. I wish she'd do a song that wasn't all about the chorus, and she like.....developed as the song progressed instead of just blasing out long loud notes. Still want her to win though.

Rikku
11-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Her appeal ran out rather quick. I think if she was saved in week one she would have been out by week five or six anyway. She'll probably finish in 4th or 3rd.

themilkshakeman
12-05-2011, 03:57 PM
And so begins the media running with the whole 'Angel Amelia' act. First of all she's 'extremely diabetic' and now she wants to win to help her bankrupt dad. I like her alright, but I think she was definitely groomed for the win.

Rikku
12-05-2011, 08:09 PM
And so begins the media running with the whole 'Angel Amelia' act. First of all she's 'extremely diabetic' and now she wants to win to help her bankrupt dad. I like her alright, but I think she was definitely groomed for the win.

Did you not read in the tabloids like 2 weeks ago that she may "go blind" from the diabeties?

She'll most likely finish in third. Her song choices have been so unsuitable for her voice. I thought she'd nail I'm With You but it was so weak and amatuer.

themilkshakeman
12-06-2011, 12:35 AM
Did you not read in the tabloids like 2 weeks ago that she may "go blind" from the diabeties?

She'll most likely finish in third. Her song choices have been so unsuitable for her voice. I thought she'd nail I'm With You but it was so weak and amatuer.

Amelia herself said it was blown out of proportion and it isn't that bad. IDK she shouldn't be getting sympathy just because she has diabetes and has to take injections. There are millions of people who deal with it and don't complain.

Liam & Ren
07-15-2012, 02:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgXK4SLyQkc&feature=related