PDA

View Full Version : Episode 4 "Women on the Go" 8/9 Discussion

Anth
08-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Tensions run high while the designers are under pressure; the designers must create an outfit that transitions from day to night.

Discuss.

applemania
08-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Can't wait for all the meltdowns. This is going to be an episode of epic proportions :surrender

Fierceglamdom
08-09-2012, 06:53 PM
^ True dat! Also, anything is better than team challenges! Yay for individual designs!

Fierceglamdom
08-09-2012, 08:11 PM
*Sorry about double post. :cry @ me being the only person here... again...*

Bye-bye Andrea + Kooane. :tear

I am glad they brought back Raoul. I wasn't his biggest fan, but I was going to be pissed if we lost 3 contestants in one night.

I feel like (sadly) Buffi is the most in danger of going tonight.

On the other hand, I think my favorite contestant in terms of design and style is Sonjia. She always looks so cute and seems like one of the more level-headed people there.

cityofwonder
08-09-2012, 09:33 PM
This season is just bothering me so much. There's 3 designers who are literally terrible and so unforgettable - Nathan, Raul and Fabio. Like I feel like they're all the same in the fact that I know nothing about them or their style and they just can't design to save their lives.

I think it sucks that Buffi went home over Fabio just because she had a style that she stayed true to - granted, she wasn't very good overall and her look tonight was awful, but I think that the fact she stayed through to her own style was enough to put her through. Fabio on the other hand I don't even know if he stayed true to his style because they literally never talk to him and I know nothing about his character or aesthetic and his dress sucked.

Sonjia, Christopher and Dmitry all had really really nice dresses. They're my 3 of my favorites, along with Ven and Melissa. :)

Fierceglamdom
08-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Final Thoughts:
-YAY @ Sonjia winning. I thought all top 3 designs were pretty good, but Sonjia is my favorite contestant of the 3 so I am glad she won.
-:tear @ Buffi going. She had my favorite personality by far, but I guess as far as design goes she deserved to go. GURL BE GLITTERY AND COLORFUL. DO YOU.
-Ven is kind of emerging as the new season villain.
-I pretty much liked all the designs except for Raoul's. I don't get how he wasn't in the bottom 2 over Fabio.
-HOLY **** I LOVED MELISSA'S DESIGN. It looked as if the model was ready to pull out a bow and go Katniss on everyone's ass. She was like jet-setter, femme fatale, assassin who was raised in the woods.

UGHHHHHHH @ team challenges next week. :shootme

infinite
08-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Why is Raul still in the competition? Bitch, bye!

I wish I could've seen the shirt Elena made under her suit of armor...
I feel like Ven should've been in the top, but I am completely content with the winner. :)

Frozen Apple
08-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Buffi :cry :cry :cry

Eww @ Raul returning and not even being in the bottom 2. His designs are a mess and he's so gross and greasy looking. Gurl that hair...

Edit: At least Koaan is gone tho.

arizona
08-10-2012, 01:05 PM
I didn't even care that Andrea or Koaan decided to quit. Andrea really went badly, though. At least Koaan was graceful and considerate about it. I didn't care much for Raul returning, he was still bad and whiny throughout the episode and I feel that he should've been eliminated again. Buffi's dress was hideous in every single way. It'll be sad to have her gone as a character, but she really never designed anything worthwhile. I actually quite liked Fabio's look, though I agreed with Michael that seeing a model in 'his' style would be far more interesting. I would've put forgettable Nathan's matronly mustard disaster in his bottom 3 place.
It was the first top 3 that I pretty much agreed with, though I would've given Christopher the win and not Sonjia. Her dress was really cute and would look great on the red carpet, but I liked his edgy take a lot more. Plus he made a flawless jacket with it. I'm also really happy Dmitry is finally in the top. I'm liking him more and more, he seems like one of the few who really has an idea of what they're doing and can keep their heads cool. Melissa also had a great look, though not so much for this particular challenge.

Also again the mini-collection challenge, omg. If psycho Elena brings any of the painful drama that Gretchen and Ivy brought to the last one... :uhoh

Anth
08-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Not loving this. Kind of over Buffi at this point so Im not bothered she is gone.

Dimitry is my favorite.
Too many awful designers.

I love the "create a mini-line" challenges tbh.

Malicious
08-10-2012, 06:12 PM
ERGH WHY RAUL. /icunt with this show irl

Fierceglamdom
08-11-2012, 12:48 AM
ERGH WHY RAUL. /icunt with this show irl

Cuz Lantie was kind of a hag and Beatrice was too irrelevant/already forgotten. I would have just preferred a non-elimination tbh.

AZAM85
08-11-2012, 03:44 AM
TOO many filles this cycle .. only the contestants who are worthy of being called designers are :VenDimitriElenaMellisaSonijaChristopherand GunnarRest are all sh*t ...sorry ..they should milti eliminate Raul,Fabio and Alicia ... Waste of space....

lordnuey
08-11-2012, 08:01 AM
Christopher is such a babe! I adore him! I was very upset they brought Raoul Ewww. He sucks really! I think Chris' should've won the challenge but i think its just me being bias lol. and Yay for Dmitry to finally being in the top! He really deserves it! I really do dont care about Andrea and Kooan though, yeah i'm an asian too and we can be over the top and funny, but his over the topness is too much! I think i was a pretty boring episode tbh their desighs are pretty boring.

brb
08-11-2012, 04:58 PM
love dimitri is getting some recognition he's quickly becoming a fave unfortunately i don't see him making top 3. the way things are right now i'd be happy with ven, christopher and sonjia top 3 with dimitri, gunnar, melissa and elena filling the top 7 for drama and quality. the rest of the designers can get the f*** off already.

GuruBishisama
08-11-2012, 09:09 PM
This was the worst episode. Losing Kooan AND Buffi in the same episode? Kill me now.

nikfan500
08-11-2012, 11:19 PM
i liked Christopher's outfit the most.

sad to see Buffi and Kooan go.

brb
08-12-2012, 11:08 AM
^they never lived up to their potential. and i think they got enough time to show it. would have kept buffi over raul because that guy is clueless but it would be more based on personality than anything else:(

Ericc
08-12-2012, 11:12 AM
i miss buffi :cry but for her personality not so much for the designs
i love christopher, i think i would like ven more if he wasn't so arrogant

nab
08-12-2012, 01:24 PM
I loved the designs this episode! I thought the top 3 was spot on and they are my favorites along with Melissa and Elena

cutepongki
08-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Hmmm Raul back for what?? And being saved?? Goshhh.... :rolleyes
I'll miss the prints and colors from Buffi. :tear

And Melissa VS Elena next week, what an exciting scene!! :eek :lol Love them both though.

basicusername
08-12-2012, 09:52 PM
I really was not a fan of Buffi as a designer, but I must admit I will really miss Buffi the person---always such a positive, level headed force in the work room, and with such a charming disposition. And that voice! We lost a great narrator/commentator with Buffi, most definitely.

lordnuey
08-13-2012, 08:03 AM
Does anyone notice that Fabio's print was the same print Anya used in the final runway LOL
And i'm just starting to bored with Ven's signature it's just a replicate after one another, but i do like him though his comments toward Raul were spot on. He just grossing me out. Ew. Next week Elena freak out is gonna be interesting TBH

munchnerkindl
08-14-2012, 04:59 AM
I totally don't even care that Buffi was incredibly tacky, I really liked her and her accent :cry

I'm getting pretty sick of Elena. She needs to either leave like right quick or chill the **** out (which obviously isn't going to happen according to next week's preview). She also needs to make better clothes because that coat she made was legit hideous.

AZAM85
08-14-2012, 11:58 AM
As much as i like elenas designs pre show , I do think shes a one trick pony on the show... She better do something new

yaya
08-15-2012, 08:48 PM
I really thought Elena stepped it up this week~

Ugh I hate Christophers whiny voice.. I wish he would think more out of the box with his designs because its too glam for my taste. But hes still one of my favs.

So sad Andrea went I loved her aesthetic. And Kooans departure was so sad too. I would have loved to see him blossom.. Same with Buffi :(

Raoul and Nathan will hopefully/possibly out next. Raoul was just not eliminated so the judges wouldnt look like idiots to bring him back and to give Fabio a wake-up call! Nathans aesthetic is just cheesy and cheap and not fresh or edgy.

I really need Fabio to step it up! The judges were soooo right this week! Also Melissa and Dimitri should really mix it up so they will have a chance to show at Fashion Week. They are way too much in their comfort zone. I love the dark aesthetic but this is so not innovative!

I loved Sonjia from the beginning Im really happy she is so successful! I dont love her aesthetic but she is a cool character with very creative ideas! Ven is just boring to me! I like him but his clothes are just too classic and commercial. Not exciting at all. His candy dress was genius though~

WANT:

1. Fabio
2. Melissa
3. Christopher
4. Dimitri
5. Elena
6. Sonjia
7. Alicia
8. Gunnar
9. Ven
10. Nathan
11. Raoul

I really hope its my top 4 showing at Fashion Week! :smitten I would also love to see Sonjias, Alicias and Elenas collections!

Beast
10-10-2012, 05:30 PM
I was sad, that so many likable people left in this episode. :cry
Christopher was feeling guilty because Andrea left I started to like him.
Dimitri deserved to win, I like "women on the go" dress the most, I would seriously wear it.