PDA

View Full Version : The cast or the photoshoot

VictoriaSecretFans
03-24-2013, 05:48 AM
Lets think about ,since most of you think that this cycle is really worse !
then it's the model problem or the photoshoot problem ?
actually with the great model ,the trailer park / 50 shade of grey / couture shoot could be really good
i don't think it's the theme I think it's the model itself

EdenFox
03-24-2013, 05:51 AM
It's both, the cast suck and the execution of the photoshoots, the styling, the photography and the make-up all go together in making the wondrous sh!tfest that is cycle 20.

I agree though that some of the shots wouldn't of been SO bad if the cast had been half modelesque.

ziduga
03-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Both. But I think it's towards the photoshoot more. Look at Molly's post show work and hers in the competition. She's a great model but when put in an awful set, she just did badly.

potledoms
03-24-2013, 09:02 AM
The major problem is the photoshoots. The lighting, the clothes, the make-up and the photography is horrible. Looks soooooo amateur. Maybe is a bad cast, yeah, but with better photoshoots that would be the less thing to matter.

justpassingby
03-24-2013, 09:18 AM
There should be an option blame the execution.
I don't think the themes are bad, people posted photos from "The industry" that had the same theme and looked good. The cast is not THAT bad and with a proper directing they could deliver great photos.

o~Aya~o
03-24-2013, 09:29 AM
I can say both but i blame the execution more. I don't think there are any bad ideas or themes it's just how people execute this things and every cycle we have had a jank contestant but with the proper styling, direction and execution of shoots we have seen them turn into a model.

Sunny
03-24-2013, 10:42 AM
It's both, the cast suck and the execution of the photoshoots, the styling, the photography and the make-up all go together in making the wondrous sh!tfest that is cycle 20.

I agree though that some of the shots wouldn't of been SO bad if the cast had been half modelesque.

This.

I mean lbr, fashion is all about great hair/makeup/styling, great photography and a great model all coming together to form stunning images. If each one of those aspects are complete trash, then you get the disastrous photoshoots we've seen so far in Cycle 20.

karlieboss
03-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Both. But I think it's towards the photoshoot more. Look at Molly's post show work and hers in the competition. She's a great model but when put in an awful set, she just did badly.

That, and she put on a few pounds.

Kili_16
03-24-2013, 03:46 PM
The cast is OK, a bit towards bland because Tyra chose some bad guys but there is no excuse for the execution and styling in some of these shoots. If you dont have a great make-up team, then do a simple shoot in a beach instead of the mess they did with the animals.

However, it seems that Tyra eliminated the worst contestants first so I'm OK with that :lol

suppletangerine
03-24-2013, 04:21 PM
I don't think the cast is that bad. There are definitely a lot of duds (especially the guys, the only three I really like are Chris, Marvin, and Jeremy), but most of them have already been eliminated. And the problem isn't really with the photoshoot concepts either, more with the execution, as people have said. I do like a few of the shoots though, and each shoot typically has at least one or two good shots from the contestants. Also, I think the shoots will look a bit better once the shots are released in HQ. Overall, I don't think this season is as terrible as people are making it out to be, but it's definitely a downgrade from Cycle 19.

Exhale
03-24-2013, 04:31 PM
I'd say both. Bad cast - there were much better models in the semifinals yet people like Mike and Cory made it in over them, and terrible photoshoots - never has ANTM stooped so low as the cross-gender commercial mess, photography is awful, and the execution is tragic.

Micahkicah
03-24-2013, 05:14 PM
I think the cast is surprisingly strong. I think it's just bad executions of really good ideas. All of these photoshoots have had major potential, but have been let down by inexpensive budgets, lack of creativity and effort, and cheap makeup.

We've seen some stunners this cycle, so it's not the people.

EdenFox
03-24-2013, 05:33 PM
I think the cast is surprisingly strong. I think it's just bad executions of really good ideas. All of these photoshoots have had major potential, but have been let down by inexpensive budgets, lack of creativity and effort, and cheap makeup.

We've seen some stunners this cycle, so it's not the people.

Where is the strong cast and stunners?

Micahkicah
03-24-2013, 05:35 PM

Marvin, Jiana, Jourdan, Chris, etc. In some angles, Nina,Jeremy, Cory.

I don't think the cast is the issue. I think it's that Tyra seems to be running out of good ideas.

gamezantonio1
03-24-2013, 05:35 PM

Alex, Chlea, and Mike obvi

Jk

Wiest
03-24-2013, 05:41 PM
There should be an option blame the execution.
I don't think the themes are bad, people posted photos from "The industry" that had the same theme and looked good. The cast is not THAT bad and with a proper directing they could deliver great photos.

MTE. I actually like the cast for the most part. And the themes themselves aren't terrible. The execution is the real problem since the pictures all look like some mediocre 9th grade photography class assignment.

I mean just look a the trailer trash shoot from the last cycle of Denmark. The results were pretty amazing. But the one on ANTM really just screams amateur.

EdenFox
03-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Marvin, Jiana, Jourdan, Chris, etc. In some angles, Nina,Jeremy, Cory.

I don't think the cast is the issue. I think it's that Tyra seems to be running out of good ideas.

The bad cast for me is a very strong factor.
I don't know whether you saw any of the potentials for this cycle but literally 95% of them were better than the final cast.

Marvin is a terrible model.
Jiana I like in some angles and she's clearly the best of whats left.
Jourdan is so painfully bland and she's only had one good photo which she lucked out on.
Chris has potential for a runway career but not a print one, his photo's every week are crap imo. He's VERY overrated.
Nina again is alright and if she was part of a better cast I wouldn't mind.
Jeremy isn't a model, he's a hot guy.
Cory is a weekend drag queen who lucked out in a few photo-shoots.

Compared to every cycle previous this is by far the weakest cast ever! Team that with terrible shoots, makeup and styling and you get the worst cycle ever.

Rush
03-24-2013, 05:47 PM
everything...except...nothing!
everything in this cycle screams CHEAP..cast/photoshoots/ID ,EVERYTHING'its just "that bad"!
but i would blame the photography/editing team for the most part...imo high quality photography can make the photos look 100% less cheap looking..beside they can always edit the models so they can get to look more modelesque/appears to look better! because after all its a photoshoots competition for the most part.

Micahkicah
03-24-2013, 05:48 PM
I don't know whether you saw any of the potentials for this cycle but literally 95% of them were better than the final cast.

Jourdan is so painfully bland and she's only had one good photo which she lucked out on.
Chris has potential for a runway career but not a print one, his photo's every week are crap imo. He's VERY overrated.

Compared to every cycle previous this is by far the weakest cast ever! Team that with terrible shoots, makeup and styling and you get the worst cycle ever.

I guess. I still think that Cycle 14 is the worst cycle ever, with maybe 1 or 2 of the girls having actual potential. Plus, it certainly had the most unlikable group of girls ever.

Raina, Alexandra and Simone were really the only ones I thought had any potential.

gui1004paulo
03-24-2013, 07:26 PM
I blame the themes/execution. I don't think the cast is THAT BAD (some of them are really bad and weak, of course, but we have some that saves)
What is really bad is the shoots and themes. If the shoots were better, with better themes (no crazy and stupid themes, just simple things), styling and excution, this would be so much better.

Clayton
03-24-2013, 07:33 PM

What about when you said you want a Chris H. and Jiana final two? :ponder

Corey7776777
03-24-2013, 07:37 PM
A bit of both. There are some stunners in the cast but also a lot of suck. The themes haven't been bad actually but the execution is piss poor and the photography is so generic and vile.

ANTM4life
03-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Everything sucks

Wakuani
03-24-2013, 07:47 PM
It's the shoots! Dress Mike in Gaultier and give him proper lighting and you'll see he won't be as bad :hand

mmichal
03-24-2013, 07:57 PM
Everything sucks

Pretty much.

karlieboss
03-24-2013, 07:59 PM
There was the biggest hype for a co-ed cycle and then it turns into..this?
Yeah, everything is wrong with this cycle.

skankyho
03-25-2013, 01:21 AM
Some of the shoots had potential, paint, nails, couture in the field, but had a mixture of average inexperienced models with average hair and makeup, and had some ok results. Then the other shots were a combination of crap,everywhere. Then the fu**ed up gender swap ad, was just PURE CRAP!! It has to be the WORST idea ANTM has ever done.

ToochySmize
03-25-2013, 06:06 AM
Everything is worse than pre C17, but the photoshoots are worse than the cast I think.

wuchereria_bancrofti
03-25-2013, 07:07 AM
IN COMPARISON WITH ANTM 19:

1. TAXIDERMY > WEDDING
2. SEXY TIME WITH ROB > SEXY TIME WITH ROB 2.0
3. ZOMBIES > TRAILER PARK
4. CHEERLEADERS >>>>>>>>>>>> ROLE REVERSAL
5. STEAMPUNK > NAIL ART
6. GROSS & STICKY SITUATIONS > PAINT
7. PRISON MUGSHOTS = FIELDS OF FASHION
8. RIVER RAFT < FLAWS
9. WATERFALL WARRIORS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ANIMALS

ANTM 19's POWERHOUSES:

Leila, Laura, Kristin, Kiara, Brittany, and Nastasia.

ANTM 20's POWERHOUSES:

Jiana, Nina, Jourdan, and Chris H.

ANTM 19 WINS OBVIOUSLY. :)

Devin
03-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Why isn't there a "both" option? The cast sucks, the photo shoot suck. End of story.

Gold Dust
03-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Choosing between these two is the same if someone asks you would you like your arm or your leg to be cut off.

VanityEgo
03-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Even though I'm not really fond of that cast or of most photoshoots so far, I do think people are exaggerating. The only seasons that delivered a very interesting photoshoot every week were like, C10 and C11. I will be annoyed if some of the fillers stay over their welcome but I think this season has potential to deliver at least a couple characters. If C19 managed to be really entertaining, I won't write off C20 before it starts.