PDA

View Full Version : Theme/Song Spoilers

RnRModel1
04-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Tomorrow night is Bacharach and David (yawn) and Songs You Wish You'd Written.

Song Spoilers:

Lazaro-"Close to You" and "Angels"
Amber-"I Say a Little Prayer" and "Love on Top"
Candice-"Don't Make Me Over" and "Love Song" (Adele cover)
Angie-"Anyone Who Had a Heart" and "Love Came Down" (Christian song)
Janelle-"I'll Never Fall in Love Again" and "The Dance"
Kree-"What the World Needs Now" and "Help Me Make it Through the Night"

Lazaro picked two snooze-worthy songs, so hopefully he goes. However, I think the save will be used on a girl this week (Amber or in a shocker, Candice.)

Next week's theme is Divas/Songs From the Year You Were Born. I guess it's limited to female divas only. Here are my song choices for the contestants..

DIVAS:
Amber-"I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston
Candice-"Taking Chances" by Celine Dion
Angie-"1 + 1" by Beyonce
Janelle-"Heaven, Let Your Light Shine Down" by Dolly Parton
Kree-"Wind Beneath my Wings" by Bette Midler
Lazaro-"Fighter" by Christina Aguilera (for the lulz)

YEAR YOU WERE BORN:
Amber-"Because the Night" 1994
Angie-"Baby, I Love Your Way" 1994
Candice-"When I See You Smile" 1989
Janelle-"Listen to Your Heart" 1989
Kree-"Nothing Compares 2 U" 1990
Lazaro-"How Am I Supposed to Live Without You" 1990

ANTM4life
04-09-2013, 11:32 PM
^ love your choices for kree :smitten

Frontin
04-09-2013, 11:38 PM
Amber should sing "Saving All My Love" by Whitney (divas week) and modernise it.

She's gonna be booted and saved this week.

Fierceglamdom
04-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Ugh @ these tired ass themes.

BottleItUp
04-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Omg tho. This week is the first time I've been excited for a show in weeks. :rofl Burt Bacharach is a ****ty, old and tired theme but the contestants seem to have navigated it very well and these songs haven't been done to death on the show. And their free choice picks are GREAT. Also looking forward so much to next week too - divas

Clayton
04-16-2013, 02:09 PM
Divas:
Amber Holcomb - "Without You" by Badfinger/Mariah Carey
Angela Miller - "Halo" by Beyoncé
Candice Glover - "When You Believe" by Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston
Janelle Arthur - "Dumb Blonde" by Dolly Parton
Kree Harrison - song by Celine Dion

Birth Year:
Amber Holcomb - "What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life?" by Michael Dees/Barbara Streisand (1994)
Angela Miller - "I'll Stand By You" by The Pretenders (1994)
Candice Glover - "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul (1989)
Janelle Arthur - "When I Call Your Name" by Vince Gill (1989)
Kree Harrison - "She Talks To Angels" by The Black Crowes (1990)

Now, if that doesn't wreak of copycatting, I don't know what does. Shawna P just sang She Talks to Angels on The Voice last week. Plus, Jamila Thompson just sang Halo...

Seriously, think up some more freaking songs, Nigel.

Zentrius.
04-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Hmm @ Candice doing Paula. I think Angie is going to hit a home run tomorrow with "I'll Stand By You", though.

BottleItUp
04-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Angie and Candice have FLAWLESS choices. I have no doubt that whatever Candice is planning on doing with Straight Up is going to be fantastic.

DannyBxtchh
04-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Work sfm @ both of Candice's choices. She's gonna slay once again. <3

betinez
04-16-2013, 03:29 PM
My picks for the contestants would've been the following:

DIVAS:

Amber - "Saving All My Love For You" - Whitney Houston
Angie - "Hero" - Mariah Carey
Candice - "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" - Jennifer Holliday
Janelle - "Walkin' After Midnight" - Patsy Cline
Kree - "Imagine" - Dolly Parton

YEAR THEY WERE BORN:

Amber - "Without You" - Mariah Carey, 1994
Angie - "Endless Love" - Diana Ross & Luther Vandross, 1994
Candice - "Respect" - Adeva, 1989
Janelle - "The Dance" - Garth Brooks, 1989
Kree - "It Must Have Been Love" - Roxette, 1990

And if I was a judge and could pick any song for them on the Top 3, these would be my picks:

Amber - "A House Is Not A Home"(Luther Vandross)/ "Heat Wave" (Martha and the Vandellas)/ "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" (Whitney Houston)
Angie - "Because Of You" (Kelly Clarkson)/ "Alone" (Heart)/ "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" (Judy Garland)
Candice - "Natural Woman" (Aretha Franklin) / "Help" (Tina Turner)/ "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" (Gloria Gaynor)
Janelle - "Independence Day" (Martina McBride)/ "Blue" (LeAnn Rimes)/ "I Love Rock And Roll" (Joan Jett & The Blackhearts)
Kree - "Temporary Home" (Carrie Underwood)/ "I Hope You Dance" (Lee Ann Womack)/ "You Were Always On My Mind" (Willie Nelson)

Fierceglamdom
04-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Blah @ these songs. Not particularly looking forward to anything. Straight up by Candace definitely has potential. I hate the song "I'll Stand By You" SO. MUCH.

ANTM4life
04-17-2013, 03:35 PM
YYASSS @ mariah carey songs

sinhomme
04-19-2013, 07:51 PM
Already posted my personal picks for next week on TVLine, might as well copy-paste them here

One Hit Wonder:
Candice Glover – Sinead O’Connor’s Nothing Compares 2 U, Lou Reed’s Walk On The Wild Side, Cardigans’ Lovefool.
Angie Miller – Howie Day’s Collide, Snow Patrol’s Chasing Cars
Kree Harrison – Kate Bush’s Running Up That Hill, Talk Talk’s It’s My Life (I want to challenge her creativity a little bit by giving non-country songs that could be turned into one. Just stripped down, the synth arrangement, and add some twang sensibility to these songs, I believe it would be magical)
Amber Holcomb – Macy Gray’s I Try, Cheryl Lyn ‘s Got To Be Real

Free Choice:
Candice Glover -Talking Heads’ Houses In Motion or Burning Down The House, Tom Waits’ Big Black Mariah, David Bowie’s Moonage Daydream, Erykah Badu’s Window Seat, Ledisi’s Turn Me Loose, Tune-Yards’ Powa, Anita Baker’s Caught Up In The Rapture, Lisa Stansfield’s All Around The World, Massive Attack’s Unfinished Sympathy, Drake’s Marvin’s Room (her cover of this on youtube is so gorgeous), Dinah Washington’s version of Love For Sale (LOL, I go crazy with Candice. I wouldn’t mind a whole season of her singing songs that I pick)
Angie Miller – Tori Amos’ version of Depeche Mode’s Enjoy The Silence
Kree Harrison – Neko Case’s This Tornado Loves You, Loretta Lynn’s Have Mercy, Gillian Welch’s Dark Turn of Mind, Joni Mitchell’s A Case of You, Patsy Cline’s When You Need a Laugh, Merle Haggard’s Whatever Happened to Me
Amber Holcomb – Ciara’s Promise, Aaliyah’s More Than a Woman, Jessie Ware’s Running (the right Jessie from UK that should’ve been popular), Janelle Monae’s Tightrope.

Fierceglamdom
04-20-2013, 01:14 AM
Already posted my personal picks for next week on TVLine, might as well copy-paste them here

One Hit Wonder:
Kree Harrison – Kate Bush’s Running Up That Hill

Free Choice:
Angie Miller – Tori Amos’ version of Depeche Mode’s Enjoy The Silence
Kree Harrison – Joni Mitchell’s A Case of You

YESSSSSSS

ANTM4life
04-24-2013, 04:26 AM
TOP 4 Songs

Solo Performances – One-Hit Wonders (AT&T Fan Pick):
Amber Holcomb – “MacArthur Park” by Richard Harris/Donna Summer
Angela Miller – “Cry Me A River” by Julie London
Candice Glover – “Emotion” by Samantha Sang/Destiny’s Child
Kree Harrison – “A Whiter Shade Of Pale” by Procol Harum/Annie Lennox
Solo Performances – Free Choice:
Amber Holcomb – “The Power Of Love” by Jennifer Rush/Celine Dion
Angela Miller – “Who You Are” by Jessie J.
Candice Glover – “Find Your Love” by Drake
Kree Harrison – “It Hurt So Bad” by Susan Tedeschi
Duo Performances:
Amber Holcomb & Kree Harrison – “Rumor Has It” by Adele
Angela Miller & Candice Glover – “Stay” by Rihanna & Mikky Ekko

BottleItUp
04-24-2013, 05:20 AM
What a disappointment @ the One Hit Wonder choices. As usual, the producers cheaped out.

Only really looking forward to Candice singing the Drake song.

oliver1990
04-24-2013, 05:55 AM
Oh @ One-Hit Wonders being a theme... and Angie needs to stahp with the whole Jessie J obsession. She's sung like the whole tracklist of Who You Are on the show.

AliceB
04-24-2013, 07:43 AM
I really wanted Candice to sing MacArthur Park. Not Amber.

iRockIt
04-24-2013, 08:26 AM
I kinda wanted someone to sing Groove Is In The Heart by Deee-Lite just for some hot mess of a performance and entertainment purposes , I'm sick of all the seriousness sometimes. Anyways , Amber better bring it! <3

FierceFanatic
04-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Why are Amber and Kree duetting. It should be Amber and Candice sing rumour has it :cry

kevin
04-24-2013, 11:52 AM
i think Angie choosing another Jessie J song may send her home :/

RnRModel1
04-24-2013, 01:26 PM
The One Hit Wonder list shows that the producers have no idea what viewers want. When the fans voted it as the theme, I'm sure they did so with the intention of hearing some fun 80s songs. Instead, we get a list of awful songs that will bore the audience to death. If FOX doesn't scrap the entire production team, Idol is doomed.

Clayton
04-24-2013, 02:43 PM
If FOX doesn't scrap the entire production team, Idol is doomed.

:yay :cheer :woo
KEEP THE PRODUCTION TEAM! LET IDOL FAIL! :yay

BottleItUp
04-24-2013, 02:49 PM
:yay :cheer :woo
KEEP THE PRODUCTION TEAM! LET IDOL FAIL! :yay

Gurl why do you just come in here to hate :lol not cute

also tbh what the hell is Angie's fixation with Jessie J? Bitch is not even that good...

Zentrius.
04-24-2013, 02:50 PM
LOL @ Angie singing Jessie J. I think she'll do a terrible job tomorrow.

ANTM4life
04-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Why are Amber and Kree duetting. It should be Amber and Candice sing rumour has it :cry

Nope, it should be Kree and Candice.

Frontin
04-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Amber and Candice should've sung Stay.

FrostBite
04-24-2013, 08:55 PM
^WORD. I would love to hear Amber sing Stay! :smitten

Frontin
04-24-2013, 09:11 PM
It would've been amazing :smitten

But all those annoying blockheads out there would've been like "their rigging for an Amdice F2 *DRAMATIC GURLL TANTRUM*", which I ask myself "is that really a bad thing?" considering the state of this show at the moment.

sinhomme
04-25-2013, 01:24 AM
Gurl why do you just come in here to hate :lol not cute

also tbh what the hell is Angie's fixation with Jessie J? Bitch is not even that good...

IKR? The only Jessie from UK that matters is JESSIE WARE.

FrostBite
05-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Next week, there are three themes - Jimmy Iovine's Choice, Judges' Choice, and Free Choice Producers' Choice.

Angie Miller - "Maybe" by Emile Sandé | "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word" by Elton John | "Try" by Pink
Candice Glover - "Next To Me" by Emile Sandé | "One" by U2 & Mary J. Blige | "Somewhere" by Reri Grist/Barbra Stresiand
Kree Harrison - "(****in') Perfect" by Pink | "Better Dig Two" by The Band Perry | "Here Comes Goodbye" by Chris Sligh/Rascal Flatts

kebin65
05-07-2013, 12:30 AM
No @ the themes. Just no -_-

FierceFanatic
05-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Candice will slay! :surrender Her song choices are the strongest, and she'll probably get the pimp spot too considering Angie/Kree got the last 2.

Unfortunately Kree will be going home this week, those song choices scream sabotage to me.

FrostBite
05-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Candice will slay! :surrender Her song choices are the strongest, and she'll probably get the pimp spot too considering Angie/Kree got the last 2.

Unfortunately Kree will be going home this week, those song choices scream sabotage to me.

MTE!

Fierceglamdom
05-07-2013, 01:09 PM
I hate the judge's pick. I don't know any of the songs that Kree is doing so I can't call sabotage, but I do think that they want her to leave and the judges pick is usually the opportunity they use to throw a contestant under the bus.

Zentrius.
05-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Work @ Candice singing Somewhere. She's going to slay.

AliceB
05-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Adam Lambert will be performing a duet with Angie in the finale. :yay

Fierceglamdom
05-07-2013, 09:07 PM
That is so random... I mean, I love Adam as much as the next person but are they really resorting to idol contestants who didn't win for the finale?

Also lol @ the flaming homosexual (I say that with love) singing with the fundie favorite.

Clayton
05-08-2013, 12:24 AM
That is so random... I mean, I love Adam as much as the next person but are they really resorting to idol contestants who didn't win for the finale?

Also lol @ the flaming homosexual (I say that with love) singing with the fundie favorite.

It's because Idol is so ratchet that they don't have the budget to get relevant artists.

Lou
05-10-2013, 01:12 AM
It's because Idol is so ratchet that they don't have the budget to get relevant artists.

Excuse me bitch, you better sit with your irrelevant ass !!! :rolleyes