PDA

View Full Version : Anita & Arthur (married)

Aly
08-22-2008, 01:14 AM
http://rtvgames.com/showimages/tar13/anitaarthur.jpgAnita Jones, 63
Retired Paralegal

Arthur Jones, 60
Playground Maintenance

Anita and Arthur can’t wait to make the Race their next big adventure. This energetic couple is open hearted and free spirited. They make and sell their own honey and recently purchased an organic blueberry farm. They have known each other for over 26 years and have been married for almost 14 years. Their blended family and children are the most important part of their lives.

However, don’t be fooled by their snowy white hair – they are no strangers to hard work. Living on a farm, they are responsible for maintaining their land, chopping wood and braving the hazardous conditions of beekeeping.

Anita describes herself as optimistic, enthusiastic and compassionate. She is running this Race in hopes of gaining insight to people and places from all corners of the world while traveling side by side with her husband. Her biggest pet peeve about her husband is that he sometimes over-analyzes situations…Anita believes simple can be so much better.

Arthur identifies himself as a problem fixer and hopes to gain a better understanding of himself and his partner. When asked how he and his teammate are most alike—Arthur says that he and his wife share a basic belief in the goodness of people.

This nature-loving couple is still young at heart, and they are ready to experience the world.

source: www.cbs.com (http://www.cbs.com)

Epochalypse
08-22-2008, 01:48 AM
Oh wow, these guys are either going to be legendary or completely annoying.

Aly
08-22-2008, 01:50 AM
Unfortunately, I think it might be the latter.

wts
08-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Anita & Arthur FTW

Sundae Morning
08-25-2008, 06:26 AM
I'm going to root for this hippies.

PennyLaneInTheSky
09-30-2008, 05:44 AM
I always like the hippies :o
They were so cute, loved them while they lasted.
They were walking, and kissing and saying I love you, I could see they were going to be eliminated heheheh

Epochalypse
09-30-2008, 08:34 AM
Awww, I really liked them, it's a shame they were SO slow, but I think they did the best they could.

Epochalypse
09-30-2008, 08:41 AM
Hey this is Oscar Dahl from BuddyTV and I'm here with ANita and Arur from The Amazing Race. How are you guys doing?

Anita: Oh, we're good. Hi!

Were you two fans of The Amazing Race before getting cast on the show?

Anita: Yes we were, very much.

Arthur: I'd say Anita was more than I. She watched it consistently and once in a while she'd say "Arthur, you gotta come look at this," and I'd drop what I was doing go look at it and say "Oh, look, that is so neat," and I'd go back to what I was doing.

How did you two end up getting cast on the show?

Anita: We saw an ad on the TV that said send in an application for The Amazing Race and so we sent in a video, a three minute video, and we were very surprised when they called us.

How different was actually being on the race compared to what you expected going in?

Arthur: I don't think we anticipated the amount of adrenaline we felt.

Anita: You can't calm yourself down, you're so excited.

How far behind actually did you finish from the tenth place team, do you know?

Arthur: We have no idea.

Looking back on your one leg, what do you two think you could have maybe done differently to not have finished last?

Anita: I think we could have moved faster making the decision to go (on the detour). We did see people on the bottom of the net - I don't know if we were that far behind. But, we could have talked things over rather than just have gone.

What was your favorite part of being on the race? Did you enjoy brazil? Did you get the chance to sit back and enjoy the experience at all?

Anita: Just being with everyone, being with the whole production was so incredible for us. Just to watch how everything works and getting to meet all these new people in our life, whether it be the production people or the people on the teams. It was absolutely amazing.

What was the most difficult part of the race for you two?

Arthur: I think maybe in 20/20 hindsight, running up the stairs out of the Coliseum. That climb. We worked out in our local gym, swam laps, worked in the exercise room and everything, but for such an extended stair climb, there was no way we could have prepped for it.

Were there any of your fellow teams that you particularly hit it off with, anyone you still keep in contact with?

Anita: Actually, we pretty much keep in contact with everybody.

Arthur: Sarah and Terence more than others. We've been in contact with them. At the same time, it's been more emailing everybody.

Do you two have any big plans for the future? Back to work there in Oregon?

Anita: We'd do the race again in a second.

Maybe another all-stars?

Anita: Yeah. And we are back to blueberries and honey in Oregon.

Arthur: We have a zip line coming up that we're going to do.

Anita: Yeah, a quarter mile zip line. We're pretty excited about that.

Anita, Arthur, we appreciate you taking the time and wish you luck in the future.

Anita: Thank you very much.

Source: BuddyTV

Lol @ the struggling on the Coliseum steps, they basically admitted to failing from the beginning.

kibashyho
10-28-2011, 03:04 PM
I wish they made the final 3 for lawls