PDA

View Full Version : So You Think You Can Dance Canada

JustPlainEvil
09-18-2008, 05:02 AM
I didn't know where else to put this so I'm putting it here because it'll be posting stuff from youtube.

This is Canada's first season of SYTYCD and the talent in Canada is amazing, I will post videos here so the people outside of Canada who like SYTYCD can watch them here and tell us their own opinions.

Let's start with the commercial for SYTYCD Canada

fY2YpbntPh8&NR=1

JustPlainEvil
09-18-2008, 05:12 AM
Here is the first part of the Toronto auditions, there are 8 more parts to it. I'll add the other 8 tomorrow but here's the first part.

0qTGIVTmYkY

Aly
09-18-2008, 09:28 PM
I watched the first 10 minutes or so the other day and the show seems like it'll be good so I'll definitely be downloading the episodes. Its good seeing mostly familiar faces on the judging panel and choreographer positions.

JustPlainEvil
09-19-2008, 03:20 AM
Here is the whole episode for the auditions in Montreal/Calgary, there were so many amazing dancers in this episode.

0Q6UFvJN6PM
2D1pP-dD9A8
nUQac8uNUT0
r4zKkc_gj7U
-Fp1xDTPGhM
rQ262OkJwqk
FzjmwmTW1IU
fsHpS6mXbSc
d8ljmzHXR8A

Aly
09-21-2008, 12:55 AM
My favorites from Toronto:

COURTNEY VAN WIRDUM, my FAVORITE so far, reminds me a little of Allison Holker
TK, rubik's cube guy
Breanne Wong, short blonde hair
Romina, latin ballroom barefoot girl
Tatiana, "I got it from my mama"
Scott, 'We Will Rock You' :lol
Shane Simpson, comtemporary 'Stand By Me'

I couldn't stand that marathon runner, Matthew. NO clue why he went straight through. Also, that gymnastics kid was overrated as far as dancing ability. He should be a b-boy, not a lyrical dancer. Tamina belongs in a 90s rap video and NOWHERE near this show.

My favorites from Vancouver:

Nicole Bowser, the hairographer
Arassay, girl who was there with her father who taught her to dance

JustPlainEvil
09-21-2008, 05:43 AM
My favorites from Toronto:

COURTNEY VAN WIRDUM, my FAVORITE so far, reminds me a little of Allison Holker
TK, rubik's cube guy
Breanne Wong, short blonde hair
Romina, latin ballroom barefoot girl
Tatiana, "I got it from my mama"
Scott, 'We Will Rock You' :lol
Shane Simpson, comtemporary 'Stand By Me'

I couldn't stand that marathon runner, Matthew. NO clue why he went straight through. Also, that gymnastics kid was overrated as far as dancing ability. He should be a b-boy, not a lyrical dancer. Tamina belongs in a 90s rap video and NOWHERE near this show.

My favorites from Vancouver:

Nicole Bowser, the hairographer
Arassay, girl who was there with her father who taught her to dance

Oh jeez, your really good with the names of the dancers. I never remember the names :lol

JustPlainEvil
09-21-2008, 07:29 AM
Aly, you didn't like that guy Tyrell Witherspoon. I thought he was amazing, that was the guy where his mom had brain cancer and she died.

I also know three people that was showcased on the show and they all made it to the next round, hopefully all three of them make it to the top 20.

Aly
09-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Tyrell had the saddest story. I think I was so distracted by that, I didn't notice his dancing as much.

I'm gonna watch the third episode today.

JustPlainEvil
09-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Tyrell had the saddest story. I think I was so distracted by that, I didn't notice his dancing as much.

I'm gonna watch the third episode today.

One of my best friends is in the third episode, his name is Nicolas Archumbalt

wts
09-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Is there a user who uploads all the episodes on youtube?
I wanna see this! lol

Aly
09-21-2008, 03:10 PM
One of my best friends is in the third episode, his name is Nicolas Archumbalt

OMG! I LOVE HIM! He's my only favorite from this episode so far!!!! I thought his audition was good, but he really impressed me more in the choreography round. Tell him he ROCKS!

I'm halfway through the episode and the only other person I liked was the ballroom girl who isn't old enough to audition (she BETTER come back next time, or better yet, come to the US SYTYCD :lol ).

Is there a user who uploads all the episodes on youtube?
I wanna see this! lol

Here is episode 1 part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qTGIVTmYkY&feature=related

And then this user has the other parts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-E9FqV7hLk

JustPlainEvil
09-21-2008, 03:10 PM
OMG! I LOVE HIM! He's my only favorite from this episode so far!!!! I thought his audition was good, but he really impressed me more in the choreography round. Tell him he ROCKS!

I'm halfway through the episode and the only other person I liked was the ballroom girl who isn't old enough to audition (she BETTER come back next time, or better yet, come to the US SYTYCD :lol ).

I will tell him, he's such a babe though :p. I liked so many dancers from that episode. I liked Lauren who did all those flips and Jeremy Tran, he kind of looks like chucky though lol

Aly
09-21-2008, 03:33 PM
This guy Cody reminds me a little of Ivan in the way he moves. I like Ivan much better though.

"Phairy" was hilarious :lol

Dario Milard was very intriguing. It was weird the way he mixed all those styles, yet very enjoyable. I'll add him to my favorites!

JustPlainEvil
09-21-2008, 03:46 PM
This guy Cody reminds me a little of Ivan in the way he moves. I like Ivan much better though.

"Phairy" was hilarious :lol

Dario Milard was very intriguing. It was weird the way he mixed all those styles, yet very enjoyable. I'll add him to my favorites!

Cody dances like Justin Timberlake but he looks like Ivan lol

OMG "Phairy" got me laughing on the floor when I watched it on tv, from him spitting on leah face to his dancing and to his comment "I wouldn't call it humping, I call it crawling" LMAO

Aly
09-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Hahaha, yeah, Phairy's hump comment was SO FUNNY. Even Dan was cracking up.

Oh this Isaak guy (medieval fighting nerd) is pretty interesting.

JustPlainEvil
09-21-2008, 04:29 PM
Hahaha, yeah, Phairy's hump comment was SO FUNNY. Even Dan was cracking up.

Oh this Isaak guy (medieval fighting nerd) is pretty interesting.

Yeah that Isaak guy is amazing, he dances like the Jabawackeez, don't you agree?

Aly
09-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Yeah that Isaak guy is amazing, he dances like the Jabawackeez, don't you agree?

You're right, I didn't notice that as I was watching, but I agree.

Too bad more people don't watch this show. We could make a forum. Where are all you Canadians??? I know Bitter and Bhanny watch.

JustPlainEvil
09-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Awww I wish it could have it's own forum.

Just to let you know Aly, the show is pre-empted this upcoming week. So, the final 20 won't be announced until October 1st, sucks...I know.

JustPlainEvil
10-01-2008, 08:54 PM
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG one of my best friends made it to the top 20, I can't freaking believe this.

JustPlainEvil
10-01-2008, 11:19 PM
This is the top 20 for So You Think You Can Dance Canada

Allie Bertram, 18, ballet dancer from Calgary.
Arassay Reyes, 21, contemporary/latin dancer born in Cuba, now lives in Vancouver.
Breanne Wong, 25, contemporary dancer, Whitby, Ont.
Caroline Torti, 23, contemporary dancer born in Kamloops, B.C., now lives in Oakville, Ont.
Danny Arbour, 26, latin and ballroom dancer, Montreal.
Dario Milard, 19, contemporary dancer born in Brooklyn, N.Y., raised in St-Hubert, Que.
Francis Lafreniere, 28, ballroom dancer,St-Bruno, Que.
Izaak Smith, 19, hip-hop and ballet dancer, Prince George, B.C.
Jesse Catibog, 29, b-boy, Toronto.
Joey Matt, 19, contemporary dancer, Calgary.
Kaitlyn Fitzgerald, 18, contemporary dancer, Loretto, Ont.
Kevin Myrlea, 22, contemporary dancer born in Saskatoon, Sask., raised in Westbank, B.C.
Lara Smythe, 25, contemporary/acro dancer, Toronto.
Lisa Auguste, 27, contemporary/hip hop dancer, Toronto.
Miles Faber, 21, popper and boogaloo dancer, Calgary.
Natalli Reznik, 28, hip hop/latin dancer born in Israel, now lives in Toronto.
Nico Archambault, 23, contemporary/hip-hop dancer, Montreal. (My Best Friend)
Romina D'Ugo, 22, jazz dancer, Toronto.
Tamina Pollack-Paris, 19, hip hop dancer, Toronto.
Vincent Noiseux, 22, contemporary/hip hop dancer, St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Que.

SirLurk
10-02-2008, 07:34 AM
a big wonderful yes for Emmanuel Sandhu not making the top 20. He might be great at leaps and spins but he tanked at hip-hop and disco and still got to dance for his life. While others who probably should have danced for theirs didn't.

JustPlainEvil
10-02-2008, 11:39 AM
YAYY, you made it's own forum and I didn't even notice :lol

SirLurk
10-03-2008, 12:10 PM
http://ca.youtube.com/user/cdplayabackup

the finals week is now on youtube. That's the channel